“Picking up from college” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in Christiansburg
Ashburn
“Picking up from college”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

I had forgotten to book our "regular" hotel in enough time... it was graduation weekend at Radford. We needed to pick up our college kids and this was the only property I could find with rooms available. A tad bit far from Radford, but I had not choice. I was extremely pleased with the hotel, the room and the staff. I had booked only 1 room but needed another as my college kids wanted to stay in the hotel rather than in their apartment one last night. I was happy to find they had another room available. There was no "hotel" smell, everything smelled fresh and clean. Rooms were both very clean and bathrooms had no issues. Breakfast was hot and good. Plenty of food available and good variety. Plenty of hot water in the shower too so if there was a problem before it has been resolved. I would stay here again if my "regular" hotel is unavailable. There is an exercise room, pool, hot tub and walking/running track on the property.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
FairfieldInnS, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Christiansburg, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
Thank you for your review of our property. We strive to give every guest a great room and a great stay, and are pleased we gave that to you. Hopefully you will continue to stay with us in the future, and maybe we can become your "regular" hotel!

Thanks!
Njeri

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Virginia Beach, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

Courteous and helpful staff. Lobby, room and bathroom were very clean. Temperature of the room easily maintained. There is a walking track behind the hotel. Complementary breakfast is served, and a Cracker Barrel is across the street. We would stay again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
FairfieldInnS, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Christiansburg, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and look forward to you staying with us in the future!
Fredericksburg, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

Staff was very nice and helpful. Lobby, room, facility clean and new. Hot breakfast was filled with many options, food was tasty. Would stay at this hotel again. Plenty of parking, that was well lit, big plus since we arrived late at night. Never had to wait for someone to help check us in or check out. Market at entrance had cold drinks, hot coffee, and snacks, and other odds and ends just in case something was forgotten at home, feather free room was a easy accommodation made to prevent an allergy attack.

Room Tip: just request away from ice makers/vending as they were noisy..
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
FairfieldInnS, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Christiansburg, responded to this review, April 28, 2013
Hello! Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We value all reviews and we are pleased you found your stay so enjoyable! If you are in the area again, we would love to have you back!
Ellicott City, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

Have been going to Christiansburb and environs on a regular basis for a couple of years for family busines--illness of father, etc. Have stayed at 3 places off I-83 at Rts. 460/ and 11 heded north towards Roanoke. Gave up on the Quality Inn there becaue of uneven "quality" and the lack of an elevator to the second floor. The Holidy Inn Express is nice but expensive. Tried the Fairfield Inn this time and this is my new place to stay. Rooms are clean and well mintained, the free breakfast each morning is one of the best around. It will get you out the door and on the road quickly. The staff makes the difference. Friendly, helpful nd cring for those of us with our own physical needs. One of the few places I have stayed on various trips in the last couple of years where there were no maintenance issues in the room. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: If you need grab bars in the bath room, make the reservation online (better price) then call the hot...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Hello! Thank you for your review. I am very pleased we were able to make your stay so enjoyable! I look forward to having you stay with us again, and continuing our excellent service!
Virginia Beach, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

I was visiting my son at Va. Tech for the weekend & usually stay closer to the school. Unfortunately, everything was booked & I had to stay in Christiansburg. I was very leery about staying at this hotel after reading the reviews; I am very picky about hotel rooms and easily get "grossed out." We had a total of 3 rooms, and everyone was very satisfied with the accommodations. The people at the front desk were extremely friendly and accommodating, the rooms were very clean and the breakfast buffet was great. The only thing I didn't like was that there isn't a full-length mirror in the room. Other than that, this very picky guest was VERY satisifed and wouldn't hesitate to stay there again!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
FairfieldInnS, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Christiansburg, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Hello!

Thank you for your review of our hotel. I am very glad we met your standards on a clean, comfortable room. We hope you will consider us again when you are back in the area!

Thanks!

Njeri Kershaw
Maryland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

I was hesitant to review this motel because I thought it may have been a bad day when I stayed there and am reluctant to make that bad day worse. Then I read another person's review and they had the same problem - no hot water. It may be more than a coincidence. I will say when I complained they offered to take some off the bill but I was not looking for a cheap room without hot water - I was willing to pay for a room with what I consider basic necessities. I am starting to question the Marriott brand.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
FairfieldInnS, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Christiansburg, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
Hello,

Thank you for your review of our hotel. I am sorry you had issues with your hot water. We have since had the problem looked at, and are confident you will not have this problem again. Please consider staying with us again so we can prove it to you.

Njeri Kershaw
Asst. General Manager
Charlotte, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

What a nightmare. We checked in around 2, and were given a room right next to the EXTREMELY loud elevator. We called downstairs, but they didn't have anything else ready. Fine. We went to Blacksburg and came back and got a room on the third floor away from the elevator. The gentleman at the front desk wore a blue fuzzy hat thing as well--how unprofessional.

The room is okay--two beds and a lot of awkward space with nothing. A standard LG tv, some lamps, and that's about it. Pantene products in the bathroom. Now here comes the problem.

Imagine you're renting a car. You pull out and it dies--"Ohhh. You wanted a car with gas? Sorry we didn't tell you". At the Fairfield Inn, it's "Ohh. You wanted a room with hot water? Sorry we didn't tell you it's not working." Wait. What? No hot water? Yep. We found this out at 10 pm as I stepped in the shower. The shower was lukewarm at best. The gentleman at the front desk said they had been "working on it" but "not tonight". This small error hadn't been mentioned to us at checkin. Are you kidding? That's the point of a hotel. A safe room and hot water. It's absurd we hadn't been told on checkin. Trying to pull a fast one doesn't work with hot water. Management doesn't really seem to care. Oh well. Avoid this hotel like the plague. Stay at the Courtyard in Blacksburg instead.

Way to go, Fairfield Inn.

• Stayed April 2013
FairfieldInnS, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Christiansburg, responded to this review, April 6, 2013
Thank you for your review. I know we have spoken with you privately about this and have hopefully handled your issues to your satisfaction. Please come to the hotel again and we can show you the problems you experienced are not the norm of our hotel.

Thanks,

Njeri

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Christiansburg? Share your experiences!