“Best hotel in town” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in Christiansburg
Halifax, Massachusetts
“Best hotel in town”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

In this small town, this is not saying a lot, but the hotel is clean and well maintained. There are no bells or whistles, but in comparison to other forgettalbe in town hotels, this is the best selection. Fairfield is generally a value choice, but in Christiansburg, it becomes top of the line!

Room Tip: Book a suite, even for a couple. It gives you enough space to not feel crowded in a small room.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
FairfieldInnS, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Christiansburg, responded to this review, January 16, 2013
Hello,

Thank you for staying at our hotel! I am glad you liked our hotel and hope when you are traveling this way again you stop by and see us; we would love to have you!

Njeri Kershaw

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Rochester, NY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

We stayed here on our way beack from vacationing down south. It was one of the few Marriott properties in the area and I am a Rewards member. This Fairfield Inn is basically one of the older ones with the lobby and breakfast area recently updated. The linens in the room were updated but the room itself was the older design.
Overall, I would chose a different location next time and drive a bit further to find a newer FI location. The real downside here was the breakfast. Although,there were scrambled eggs, bacon and sausage available, they disappeared quickly. The sausage was replenished but it looked very greasy.. They did have a couple Jimmy Dean breakfast sandwiches but once they were gone, no more were put out. We luckily got down there by 8am but anyone showing up with 15 minutes of it closing, was really out of luck. The bread & English muffins were basically STALE. I could not believe they were even put them out!
The price for the room was almost $100 which was pretty high coompared to other hotels we stayed at during our trip. It would have been worth it if it was abot $70 or less. I guess they can keep busy with nearby VA Tech business during the rest of the year.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
FairfieldInnS, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Christiansburg, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
Hello,

I am glad you liked our renovated lobby and breakfast area, and you enjoyed the newly added hot breakfast. I am sorry, however, that you did not think breakfast was up to your standard. We strive to give every guest the quality they are looking for and are always open to suggestions on how to make us better in the future. We hope that if you pass this way again you will give us another chance to prove that your stay is not indicitive of our hotel. Please feel free to contact me directly with any other comments or suggestions you might have!

Njeri
Richmond VA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

A standard Fairfield Inn with breakfast a bit above the average. Probably 8 miles over to Va Tech, maybe 15 to Radford U. Cracker Barrel across the street. It's fine, nothing special -- which is maybe better than average these days, though not in my view.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
FairfieldInnS, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Christiansburg, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
Thank you for choosing our hotel to stay during your travels. I am sorry the hotel did not meet your expectations, but am glad you liked breakfast and were pleased with our location. If you are in our area again we hope that you try us out again, and hopefully we will exceed your expectations!
Asheville, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012 via mobile

Average Fairfield property. Excellent service staff! Seems like a nice location. Satellite kept going in and out. Wasn't happy, happy, happy while watching Duck Dynasty! Would stay here again! Nice breakfast bar.

• Stayed November 2012
FairfieldInnS, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Christiansburg, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Hi! I'm glad our service met your expectations and what you expect from a Marriott property. I am sorry our satellite TV kept going out, we have called the company and fixed the televisions! We hope when you are in our area you stop by and see us again!
Baltimore, Maryland, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

My husband and I stayed at Fairfield Inn for several nights in November 2012. Upon check in, staff was very efficient and courteous. Every time we passed through the office area, they asked us if we needed anything or if there was anything they could do for us. Our suite was beautiful, spacious, clean and comfortable. The bed was very comfortable! We had more than enough room even when we had family come by to visit for a little while. There were two TVs in our room which was really nice as well, since my husband and I each wanted to watch something different one night. I also liked the location, right off of interstate 81, with restaurants and stores close by.

Room Tip: We were on the 2nd floor. Heard no noise from other rooms and were very comfortable.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
FairfieldInnS, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Christiansburg, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Thank you for response and we are glad your stay was everything you expected it to be! We look forward to seeing you on a future stay!

Njeri
maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

My husband and I stayed at this Fairfield for one night (at the end of Aug, 2012) on our way to North Carolina. Check in was quick and easy. Our room was one of the first ones that you come to on the first floor but we did not encounter any noise. The hotel was extremely clean and the people were very friendly. The room was a standard 2 queen bed room but it seemed larger than most of the Fairfield we've stayed in. The bathroom was a nice size and it had a full length mirror outside of the bathroom area for getting ready. (This was great for us women that are menopausal and need to be closer to the AC.) The hotel was easy to find and even though it was kind of close to the road, we did not encounter any issues.

The beds were on the softer side but there were alot of pillows on both of the beds so I was able to get very comfortable. The linens were nice and clean too. The bathroom was very clean and the water pressure in the shower was great and it maintained the temperature throughout our showers.

Breakfast was available but we missed it because we chose to sleep in. There was a Waffle House down the road though and we don't get to eat there too often so it didn't bother us that we missed the hotel breakfast. I think there was an outdoor pool but because of our time schedule we did not have time to enjoy it.

Overall, this was a very nice hotel with a decent price. I would definitely stay there again if I'm ever in the area.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Fairfield Inn S, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Christiansburg, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Hello! I am glad you enjoyed your stay at our hotel, we hope that when you travel through again you will choose to stay with us! We would love to have you!
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

The hotel was very nice and clean. The outdoor pool was nice. The hot tub was a little less hotter than I expected for a hot tub. The room was nice and clean, the bathroom was very clean. Overall the hotel was nice. The staff was friendly that I actually saw.

We stayed on a saturday night ~ I know that breakfast on Sunday mornings in a hotel can be very busy. But I came down at 9am and breakfast goes until 10am ~ there was basically no food. There was no orange juice. There was barely any milk, there was barely any cereal. No one was refilling anything. I saw the breakfast attendant 1 time to refill some bacon and that was it.

The only thing there seemed to be alot of were the glazed donuts ~ which were very yummy!

We were stopping on the way back from myrtle beach to pittsburgh. So we were only there 1 night. I would prpbably go back.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Hello and thank you for your recent stay at our hotel. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and I apologize about breakfast not being up to your standards. We have recently changed breakfast and hope to see you at our property in the future to show off our breakfast! Any questions please feel free to contact me!

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Christiansburg? Share your experiences!