“Fabulous!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 13 hotels in Christiansburg
maryland
“Fabulous!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

My husband and I stayed at this Fairfield for one night (at the end of Aug, 2012) on our way to North Carolina. Check in was quick and easy. Our room was one of the first ones that you come to on the first floor but we did not encounter any noise. The hotel was extremely clean and the people were very friendly. The room was a standard 2 queen bed room but it seemed larger than most of the Fairfield we've stayed in. The bathroom was a nice size and it had a full length mirror outside of the bathroom area for getting ready. (This was great for us women that are menopausal and need to be closer to the AC.) The hotel was easy to find and even though it was kind of close to the road, we did not encounter any issues.

The beds were on the softer side but there were alot of pillows on both of the beds so I was able to get very comfortable. The linens were nice and clean too. The bathroom was very clean and the water pressure in the shower was great and it maintained the temperature throughout our showers.

Breakfast was available but we missed it because we chose to sleep in. There was a Waffle House down the road though and we don't get to eat there too often so it didn't bother us that we missed the hotel breakfast. I think there was an outdoor pool but because of our time schedule we did not have time to enjoy it.

Overall, this was a very nice hotel with a decent price. I would definitely stay there again if I'm ever in the area.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Fairfield Inn S, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Christiansburg, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Hello! I am glad you enjoyed your stay at our hotel, we hope that when you travel through again you will choose to stay with us! We would love to have you!

149 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

The hotel was very nice and clean. The outdoor pool was nice. The hot tub was a little less hotter than I expected for a hot tub. The room was nice and clean, the bathroom was very clean. Overall the hotel was nice. The staff was friendly that I actually saw.

We stayed on a saturday night ~ I know that breakfast on Sunday mornings in a hotel can be very busy. But I came down at 9am and breakfast goes until 10am ~ there was basically no food. There was no orange juice. There was barely any milk, there was barely any cereal. No one was refilling anything. I saw the breakfast attendant 1 time to refill some bacon and that was it.

The only thing there seemed to be alot of were the glazed donuts ~ which were very yummy!

We were stopping on the way back from myrtle beach to pittsburgh. So we were only there 1 night. I would prpbably go back.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Hello and thank you for your recent stay at our hotel. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and I apologize about breakfast not being up to your standards. We have recently changed breakfast and hope to see you at our property in the future to show off our breakfast! Any questions please feel free to contact me!
Cos Cob, Connecticut
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

We made a reservation for this hotel after finding others in the area were not available. Would not stay here again. This Fairfield Inn is below par for the Mariott chain. We have stayed at other Fairfield Inns which were were better quality. The people behind the desk were more interested in their own conversations that helping at check in. It didn't add to the atmosphere when checking in at 10:30 pm that there were about a dozen shirtless middle aged men hanging around the lobby drinking beer and talking very loud. The halls and lobby have gaudy bright tropical patterned carpeting. The towels were very thin, the quilt on the bed thin and the furniture dated. Air in the room smelled stale. A man we met in the elevator in the morning said that he had no hot water in the room ahd had to take a cold shower that morning. People behind the front desk were absent for more that a few minutes in the morning. Breakfast quality was very average and crowded with not enough seats/tables. Will definitely pass on this hotel next time.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Hello and thank you for your recent stay. I'm sorry your stay did not reflect what we strive for at te hotel. I'm sorry the front desk agents were not there and breakfast did not meet your standards. I can assure you that is not the standard we set at the Fairfield and if you are travelling this way again I ask that you stay with us again so we can prove just how good we are at customer service! If you have any further concerns or questions, please feel free to contact me!
Plano, TX
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

Found a very experienced staff at check-in, they were helpful in getting us to a restaurant for dinner, and were friendly and cheerful in the process... standard Fairfield Inn, but there were some odd items about the room that just showed poor workmanship on the last refurb... breakfast in the morning was an adventure, as there were huge families likely to visit VA Tech nearby...

Room Tip: Location is not far off the highway, so it would be best to request a room facing off the main road...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

This was the only Marriott hotel in the area with the special rates we wanted. The hotel is fine. The room was clean and cheerful. There is an outdoor pool that looked nice. The hotel was about 10-15 minutes from Virgina Tech which is where we were visiting so the location was fine. The problem we had as another reviewer pointed out was the very strong odor in the room. Since the cleaning people were cleaning the room next to us, I walked into that room and that room did not have the same strong smell. I went down to the desk and asked the clerk if we could move to another room. She said they had cleaned the carpets in some rooms and it must have been the casue of the odor. She was very nice and gave me a key to look at another room. Unfortunately this room was on the first floor opening to the parking lot. I declined and since there were no other rooms, we kept our smelly room. I just opened the window and the door to create a draft and sprayed perfume everywhere. So overall the hotel is OK and one hopes that by now after complaints from customer they have solved the odor problem

Room Tip: Request a room on the upper floors
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Easton, Pennsylvania, USA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

I have to say, the room I stayed in was a disappointment, the smell of disinfectant (if thats what it was) was so strong that my girlfriend wasn't feeling well and complaining within the hour. I was so glad that I was only staying one night as we couldn't have stayed any longer. We will skip this hotel the next time we travel down 81 and drive a bit farther to something better.

Room Tip: Maybe keep driving an hour or two to something better if you can find it.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

I was in the area for a wedding in Blacksburg. Decided to stay at the Fairfield Inn because of slightly cheaper prices (though it would have been nice to stay at the hotel where the rest of the wedding guests stayed). This place wasn't bad; it was average.

The hotel staff was nice, relatively friendly. When I arrived, my room had no towels, called housekeeping, they brought us more than enough. The beds were average, not terribly hard, but not luxurious either. I had a average room, not a suite. I assumed this place was all suites, its not.

By biggest issue was the breakfast. It was gross. If you are used to nice breakfast with good quality teas and veggie and protein for breakfast, go elsewhere. As a healthy eater, there was nothing here for me. I had to go to a little shop in Blacksburg for a decent meal.

This hotel is right off the highway to the airport. That was super convenient!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Christiansburg? Share your experiences!