I went to this hotel with family. We rented three of their mini-suites.
The mini-suite consists of a TV room with a fold-out couch, a bedroom, and a bathroom. There is no wall/door between the TV room and the Bed room, so don't count on having any privacy if you have more than one person staying there. The rooms were bigger than most hotel rooms, the bed was comfy, the televisions were modern, and the room had both a min-fridge and a microwave.
The people that work there are friendly, but not particularly available. AFter about 10:00 at night, the front desk attendant hid behind a little wall screwing around on the internet, both nights of our stay.
There is an outdoor pool, which was closed in mid-april, as well as a hot tub.
The hotel furnishes a free continental breakfast with belgian waffles, yogurt, eggs, bacon, sausage, bagels, cereal, microwaveable biscuits, and coffee. I thought they did a pretty good job with the breakfast.
Okay, now onto my complaints.
1. My brother in law's door didn't work properly. The card keys didn't work in the door, which meant that either he or his girlfriend always had to be in the room, or risk having it broken into. The hotel wasn't able to fix this issue during our two days there, or furnish him with another room.
2. Staying over for two nights, we had to have our key cards reactivated 3 times. That's a little excessive, and irritating to boot.
3. They have really weak toilets. I stopped up the toilet with what I would say was a normal sized "movement," and had to go to the front desk to ask for help, which was embarassing enough. But the person at the front desk said that they had nobody to help with this, and that I would have to plunge it myself, and offered to give me a plunger to take up to my room.
I balked, and just let the toilet stay clogged up.
Look, I understand it's weird to expect someone to plunge a toilet that I stopped up, but at the same time, it would be embarassing to walk around the hotel with the plunger in hand, dripping filthy water all over the place where people walk barefoot to the pool.
Later on in the night, I saw a maintenance person walking around with a plunger, so I don't understand why they couldn't come plunge my toilet.
The place has it's good points, but it's a bit pricey to not have a maintenance person there to handle everyday issues.
I wouldn't choose that hotel in the future.
- Also Known As:
- Fairfield Inn & Suites Christiansburg Hotel
- Fairfield Inn And Suites Christiansburg
- Fairfield Inn & Suites Christiansburg Hotel Christiansburg
- Fairfield Inn Christiansburg
- Fairfield Christiansburg
- Fairfield Inn Hotel Christiansburg
- Christiansburg Fairfield
- Christiansburg Fairfield Inn
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Marriott, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity and Tingo so you can book your Fairfield Inn & Suites Christiansburg reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.