“Never again in a smoking room” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Christiansburg/Blacksburg

You added Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Christiansburg/Blacksburg to your Saves list
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Christiansburg/Blacksburg
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   135 Ponderosa Drive, Christiansburg, VA 24073   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in Christiansburg
US VA
“Never again in a smoking room”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

I would normally rate this hotel as a 5 all the way across. I have stayed there many times, but this last time a stayed in a smoking room which I knew in advance, but being 2012 I had no idea it could be that bad. Fortunately they had someone not show up and the next morning I was able to change to a non smoking room. I would seriously sleep in my car before sleeping in their smoking room again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Chapel Hill, NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

The hotel was clean, check in was quick, the room felt clean and was very air conditioned (great if you don't like a stuffy room) on arrival, plenty of towels, but no hair dryer. We stayed in a two queen non smoking room for one night and it was just fine for our purposes. The odd numbered rooms are on the side of the interstate or highway, so if traffic noise bothers you, request a room on the other side of the hotel.

While the room was not smoky and we stayed on a non smoking floor, the hall wreaked of old smoke. If you're very sensitive to this kind of thing, you may want to look elsewhere. It didn't bother me since I wasn't in the hall any real amount of time.

Room Tip: The odd numbered rooms are on the side of the interstate or highway, so if traffic noise bothers you...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Virginia Beach
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

Although my impression of this Inn was favorable, there were some shortcomings.

The staff was personable and eager to make our stay pleasant, readily agreeing to allow us a late checkout. The lobby was bright, roomy and presented a welcoming appearance. The room was bright and cheerful-furniture was light colored, which helped with the brightness, and was in excellent condition-almost appeared new. For some reason which is beyond me, the entire wall over the beds was composed of mirrors. The two queen-size beds were quite comfortable-much better than those in some places we have stayed. The price was very reasonable. The Inn is conveniently located and is easy to find.

The room lacked several items you would reasonably expect in the average Inn. There was no coffee pot in the room. A hairdryer was available only from the Front Desk. Shampoo was available only at the Front Desk; no mention was made of other personal care items normally found in the bathroom of the typical motel. The room had only one chair. Only a Continental breakfast was provided.

As is generally true, you get what you pay for. The Inn was inexpensive so one has to realize there are compromises between cost and amenities. There were no pool or fitness room, which is fine with me as I never use them but still have to pay for them in other motels, which of course runs up the price. The absences of a hair dryer and coffee pot in the room were definite negatives. The absence of shampoo and like items is no big deal. Also, I was surprised that the breakfast was so limited. The walls are a bit thin so we could hear conversations of our neighbors.

Bottom line-comfortable and inexpensive night’s sleep outweighs negatives.

Room Tip: Our room was on the first floor and we heard children running around in the room above, so may be be...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Roanoke
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

I stayed here on a priceline 'name your price' adventure. Room was small, bed was uncomfortable. Previous people's hairs all over room and bathroom. No shampoo/conditioner...just a note to go down and get it from front desk...what is this some third world country? Hard to do once you're already in the shower. Drain didn't work. Breakfast was terrible. Came back to my room one night to a full-blown drug bust in the room upstairs...very nice.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Elmira, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012 via mobile

No bells and whistles here. A clean room, a comfy bed, clean bathroom, and thicker walls to isolate surrounding guest noises. Room size is what I call 'cozy'. Wouldn't want to stay more than a day or two, but for short duration the value can't be beat! Plenty of restaurants to choose from very close to property. I was happy with my overnight stay here and would do do again during my travels.

• Stayed August 2012
Buckhannon, West Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

While attending a 3 day swim meet, I recently stayed in the Microtel in Christiansburg, VA. I booked this hotel because it was listed as a recommended hotel for the swim meet and also according to the first few ratings on trip advisor which stated it was excellent. I should have read further into the reviews, because I will never book at this hotel again. Upon arriving at the hotel, I immediately new it was not going to be pleasant. There were signs on the doors stating that all contractors staying in the hotel must have clean feet. The floors were not very clean. Once we arrived in our room, the floors were filthy and the carpeting felt wet the entire time I was there. There was a hole in the bathroom wall that had not been repaired where someone obviously banged the door against it too hard. There was a large red kool-aid like stain beside our bed. The walls were sticky...yes I said sticky and dirty. If you are travelling to Christiansburg, I suggest you go next door to the Hampton Inn. It will be well worth the $119 per night stay.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else if cleanliness matters.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Been to Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Christiansburg/Blacksburg? Share your experiences!