“Good for the price” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Christiansburg/Blacksburg

Save Saved
You added Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Christiansburg/Blacksburg to your Saves list
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Christiansburg/Blacksburg
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   135 Ponderosa Drive, Christiansburg, VA 24073   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in Christiansburg
“Good for the price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2011

My daughter and I stayed at this hotel for one night while taking a tour of VA Tech. Very good value for the price. The room was small, but that was really all we needed for one night. We loved the windowseat! The room was fairly clean (we found one or two black hairs on the sheets, but that could easily be overlooked), and though there was not a hairdryer in the room, the clerk at the front desk offered us one when we checked in. Breakfast was simple and fast, and checkout was easy. Probably the only complaint I would have is the wifi. This hotel advertised free wifi in every room, but the signal was so poor in our room (which was located on the third floor), that the internet was practically unusable. After losing the signal in our room repeatedly, we had to go down to the lobby to use the wifi. That was a dissapointment for us. Most likely the internet would have had a better signal if we were on the first or second floors, as the signal was very strong in the lobby. We did enjoy the nearby shopping and wide selecion of restaurants nearby. The Panera Bread near the mall was very good, and not crowded at all! Overall, this was a clean, affordable hotel that had most of what we needed. We would stay here again.

Room Tip: Might not want to stay in a room on the third floor, we believe that is what caused problems with wi...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Charlottesville, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

We decided to check out the Microtel on a recent trip. With a name like "micro" I was thinking small, so I went in expecting that. What I did not expect was the lack of decor (mirrored wall behind the bed), the strange TV placement (on top of a tall built in) and the lack of furniture. The bed was very poor quality, the AC did not work propperly and our unit was less than clean. The saying "you get what you pay for" is definately true in this case. When we checked in to a Days Inn the next night the difference was like night and day. That's right I said Days Inn. Based on the experience we had we won't be staying at this chain again.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2011

We stayed here as a stop over point on our way down South with our family of two teenage boys. Upon check in late at night, we were standing behind a couple who were giving a sob story about how they didn't realize the hotel didn't accept pets and they had a reservation there for a week and they had their pit bull with them. They said it was too late to go anywhere else and after only a few minutes debate, the front desk clerk allowed them to stay. WHAT!!!!!! You will note on the hotels website that they do not allow pets. Not true.

Since it was late at night, I was too tired to argue with the desk staff and waited until the morning until we went to check out. I told the woman at the desk of the situation last night and was extremely upset that they allowed pets to be in the hotel after we specifically chose this hotel as it was advertised as not allowing pets. The response from the front desk clerk was, "I wasn't here last night, so I don't know. I'll have to check into it." I said, well, I am not happy that you allowed pets here and you advertised you didn't. She said nothing else and when I asked to speak to a Manager, none was on duty. That was the end of it, and we left.

Overall, the hotel is a Microtel, seemed clean, but beds were horribly hard and very basic. i would not recommend this hotel to others, especially if you have allergies to pet hair as they clearly allow them!

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else if you are allergic to animals
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Christiansburg, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2011

When I began my relocation to the Christiansburg area at the end of March of 2010 I was thrilled to find the Microtel Inn in Christiansburg, VA. It was an excellent value for the money, with weekly rates. It was my home, during the week, until June. I had the pleasure of getting to know the hotel staff. Ruby, at the front desk, did an awesome job of keeping the breakfast area very well organized and clean. Checking out with her was always very fast! I am very appreciative for the hotel and the staff for their friendliness and helpfulness.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
MD
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2011

My husband and I stayed here for two nights because we got a great deal on Kayak. It was not that great. The room was clean but VERY SMALL! THe beds were HARD AS ROCKS! The continental breakfast was a carb fest and not much variety. They has cereal, donuts, danishes, bagels and juice. No fruit or anything healthy. The front desk staff was pleasant. Free HIgh speed internet did not work well at all! Overall- not bad for one night if you don't mind a hard bed with bad breakfast. But it was cheap- 47 dollars per night.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Hinton, West Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2011

Once you find the large white building off the beaten path, one finds very clean, friendly and basic needs! 20" old fashion tv, basic bedding, furniture and decorations. The cost reflects, "what you pay is what you get". would stay again, for that simple fact.

Room Tip: call direct to hotel...
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
Arkansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2011

Stopped for a quick overnight in route to Shenandoah. Small austere room. Spotlessly clean. No sign of bedbugs. Has some wear on it, marks on the wall someone unsuccessfully tried to remove, cracked mirror on wall above the bed (wonder how THAT got there...). For Memorial Day weekend, remarkably quiet. Watch Travelocity. Booked me into a smoking room, which front desk graciously corrected. Lots of chain restaurants and shopping close by.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo

Been to Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Christiansburg/Blacksburg? Share your experiences!