“Very Nice Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Christiansburg
washington dc
“Very Nice Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2011

Not much to say other than a nice clean hotel in a great location. Would definitely visit again as I travel to see my niece often at Virginia Tech.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Richmond
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2011

We stay at this hotel often to visit my daughter who attends a nearby university. This hotel is consistently excellent in all they do. Currently they are under renovation in the lobby area, however it had little impact on our visit. The rooms are clean, comfortable, and the staff very friendly. Being in the hospitality business myself, I recognize the fact this hotel continues to strive to deliver great service.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2011

We stayed here on Christmas Eve on our drive to visit family for the holiday. It's not directly off of i-81, but it is extremely easy to get to. We were greeted by a very friendly clerk at the front desk and got checked in and settled for the night.

My only complaint --- In the morning we woke up to 2 inches of snow at 3:30a. I had run down to the car to pull it up to the loading area in front of the main entrance and there was nobody at the front desk but a guy was sitting on the sofa in the lounge area watching tv. I grabbed a cart to take back to our room so we could haul everything to the car and it turned out the guy lounging got up and he was the morning desk clerk. As my husband was loading the car, I mentioned coffee and he said there was some there from the night before. I made slight mention of maybe making some hot cocoa if the water was hot. I went back out to help my husband load the car then came back in 15 mins later to get my receipt and check for hot water -- there was none. Of course, then the desk clerk offers to make hot water --- this is 20 mins later!? We needed to hit the road. If he weren't so busy watching tv on the sofa and half away, perhaps he would have had the foresight to make the coffee or hot water for us while we were cleaning snow off of our car and loading up.

Nothing was open on Christmas day at 430a for us to get a cup of coffee. Other than this, it was a great stay and we'd likely stay here again.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Monument, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2011

Highs:

Myself and my fiancee stopped here for a night on December 22nd and were greeted by an extremely friend duty manager at the front desk. Our room met the typical clean and comfortable standards we've come to expect of Hampton, but the decor was a little dated. Very easy on/off access from I-81.

Lows:

While the bed was very comfortable, the pillows were probably the worst I've encountered in any hotel. There was a card on the bed saying that we had been provided with both "soft" and "firm" pillows, however the pillows we were provided were seemingly "soft" and "extremely soft". If we hadn't been coming in late and leaving early I probably would have visited the front desk to see if they had any "firm" pillows.

While the breakfast was pretty good, it was not as good as breakfast at most Hamptons, with only two hot options (used to at least three or four) and a fresh fruit salad that had gone off, two cereal options (not much variety) and a few pastries, it was something I'd expect at a lower quality hotel.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Wilkes-Barre
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2011

The beds were extremely comfortable. Pool is outside and closed for the winter. Good breakfast selection.

The only negative is it is its location. From I-81, you take an expressway about 4 miles. The hotel is off this smaller expressway. Not really sure if we would have found it without GPS. It is near restaurants and shoppping, and is across the street from the DMV, but not near anything people would want to see.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
gate city
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2010

The room was large,well furnished and very clean. The staff was very friendly and very helpful . The hotel was real convenient to I-81. This hotel was one of the best Hampton Inns we have ever stayed at .

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
HamptonCburgMgt, General Manager at Hampton Inn Christiansburg/Blacksburg, responded to this review, September 20, 2010
Thank you very much for your kind words about our hotel! Its a pleasure to share such nice comments with our staff. If you find yourself in our area again, we'd be glad to have you back with us. Best wishes for safe travels,

Cary
Kuala Lumpur
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2010

I never thought a the bed in an INN can be as good or better than a 5 star hotel!I stayed in Westin,Hilton & Hyatt during my excursion in America.Our colleague in Hubbell booked us a place here.The moment I laid on the bed,i just couldnt believe the comfy feeling of the bed.I was so suprised that they have gd collection of clean bedlinen and this amazed me as I normally do not bother to see what's on sale from the hotel.I couldnt forget Hampton INN because of this good & unexpected cleanliness and comfy BED.In fact,is more comfy than the Westin bed in SF!This is my personal opinion.I am considering to purchase a set of the bedlinen.I am now back to my country & should have bought a set when staying there.Keep up the good work & service:)

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business

Been to Hampton Inn Christiansburg/Blacksburg? Share your experiences!