“Beautiful, Clean, Comfortable Place to stay” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Christiansburg
“Beautiful, Clean, Comfortable Place to stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

Very happy. Hotel has fitness and pool- awesome! Didn't rate a 5 because we were given a continental breakfast for free (items were limited and no juice included) - we had to pay extra for hot items and juice. The only beverage for our breakfast was water and the service staff in the kitchen made us feel like we were asking too much of them to restock items on the free breakfast of bagels, bread, cereal, fruit, milk and cream cheese. We found out after eating that we could have paid just $5 extra added to our room and could have eaten off the hot buffet. Don't agree with this set up. Have stayed at other Holiday Inns and have had free hot/cold buffet. However we had to witness bins of food being thrown out because they wanted $8.95 and no one was eating it. What a waste!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

Really nice place, friendly staff and easy to find. It was fairly new which was good, and the room was excellent.

Good complimentary breakfast in the morning, and I was really, really impressed that the reception had a list of local non-chain restaurants to suggest. That really was a great feature for us!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

Spent one night while traveling to Georgia. Room was perfect. Hotel is fairly new and the new feel is apparent everywhere. Staff was friendly and accommodating.
Did read lesser reviews about the complimentary breakfast. This is the weak point. Seems to be more of a bait for their "paid" breakfast. (They were quick to ask if we wanted a menu.). It is definitely something that could easily be improved if they chose to do so.
Focusing on the breakfast is unfair, however, as our expectations in every other area were more than fulfilled.

Annandale, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

Well this was a nice hotel and the room was great and it is right beside a nice mall. The odd thing was breakfast. I think they explained it to me at check in but I was tired. at any rate I THINK you have to pay for a hot breakfast and get the Continental for free? If so it was unclear that morning. If just continental it was on the lame side. I was just thirsty. There were no juices at all and some decaf coffee. It seemed to me that they were pushing the BUY A BREAKFAST. They did have the small box cereals that all chains have. I think I should have understood better or something as it was quite confusing and it wasn't just meas others looked perplexed, I just got some water and went back upstairs and blew the whole thing off.
Tee other odd thing was at about 730 some horrendous employee noises happened that woke me up at 7. I was planning on sleeping in but they beat the living daylights out of something. Anyway.......

Room Tip: Get on the ends away from any employee entrances or work areas. They do not care.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Christiansburg Blacksburg, responded to this review, July 15, 2014
Dear whalehead,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am delighted that we were able to meet your expectations when it comes to our rooms. On the other hand, I apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced during breakfast and with the unusual noise. Your comments are highly appreciated and rest assured that these will be used to consider improvements on areas mentioned on your review.

Once again, thank you for staying and I hope we have the chance to regain your faith in us in the future.

Faith R
Case Manager
IHGCare
Tobyhanna, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

My husband and I stopped on our way to Florida. Front desk clerk very friendly and helpful. Loved the decor of hotel and everything was extremely clean. Free breakfast was just fine for us. For those who complained about breakfast they should just go to a diner!

Stayed June 2014
Fredericksburg
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

Room was perfect for my family visiting for my sons graduation from Boys State in Radford. One of the best properties and service was fantastic! :-)
If we're in the area I will stay again and recommend to everyone.

• Stayed June 2014
Summit, New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

I've dropped my rating of this motel for 2 reasons. First, the food wasn't particularly good - perhaps it was the chef's nite off. More important is the fragrance in the room. My wife is allergic to fragrances and, as always, we request no fragrance added to the room. Although the staff said they complied, the room was so heavily fragranced that even my eyes burned. We had a similar experience at another Holiday Inn . So - no more Holiday Inns for us. If the artificial smells don't bother you then this is a good motel.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Christiansburg Blacksburg, responded to this review, July 4, 2014
Dear drmikeb100,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. We truly regret to see you did not fully enjoy your time at the hotel. We take all of the reviews we receive very seriously as they allow us to identify areas that may benefit from additional attention. We have shared your comments with the staff and we’re confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Adrian D
Case Manager
IHGCare
Also consider these accommodations in or near Christiansburg
Hampton Inn Christiansburg/Blacksburg
#7 of 13 in Christiansburg
3.5 of 5 stars 159 reviews
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Christiansburg/Blacksburg
Fairfield Inn & Suites Christiansburg

Been to Holiday Inn Christiansburg Blacksburg? Share your experiences!