“Excellent Stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Christiansburg
PA
“Excellent Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

Spent one night while traveling to Georgia. Room was perfect. Hotel is fairly new and the new feel is apparent everywhere. Staff was friendly and accommodating.
Did read lesser reviews about the complimentary breakfast. This is the weak point. Seems to be more of a bait for their "paid" breakfast. (They were quick to ask if we wanted a menu.). It is definitely something that could easily be improved if they chose to do so.
Focusing on the breakfast is unfair, however, as our expectations in every other area were more than fulfilled.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Annandale, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

Well this was a nice hotel and the room was great and it is right beside a nice mall. The odd thing was breakfast. I think they explained it to me at check in but I was tired. at any rate I THINK you have to pay for a hot breakfast and get the Continental for free? If so it was unclear that morning. If just continental it was on the lame side. I was just thirsty. There were no juices at all and some decaf coffee. It seemed to me that they were pushing the BUY A BREAKFAST. They did have the small box cereals that all chains have. I think I should have understood better or something as it was quite confusing and it wasn't just meas others looked perplexed, I just got some water and went back upstairs and blew the whole thing off.
Tee other odd thing was at about 730 some horrendous employee noises happened that woke me up at 7. I was planning on sleeping in but they beat the living daylights out of something. Anyway.......

Room Tip: Get on the ends away from any employee entrances or work areas. They do not care.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Christiansburg Blacksburg, responded to this review, July 15, 2014
Dear whalehead,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am delighted that we were able to meet your expectations when it comes to our rooms. On the other hand, I apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced during breakfast and with the unusual noise. Your comments are highly appreciated and rest assured that these will be used to consider improvements on areas mentioned on your review.

Once again, thank you for staying and I hope we have the chance to regain your faith in us in the future.

Faith R
Case Manager
IHGCare
Tobyhanna, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

My husband and I stopped on our way to Florida. Front desk clerk very friendly and helpful. Loved the decor of hotel and everything was extremely clean. Free breakfast was just fine for us. For those who complained about breakfast they should just go to a diner!

Stayed June 2014
Fredericksburg
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014 via mobile

Room was perfect for my family visiting for my sons graduation from Boys State in Radford. One of the best properties and service was fantastic! :-)
If we're in the area I will stay again and recommend to everyone.

• Stayed June 2014
Summit, New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

I've dropped my rating of this motel for 2 reasons. First, the food wasn't particularly good - perhaps it was the chef's nite off. More important is the fragrance in the room. My wife is allergic to fragrances and, as always, we request no fragrance added to the room. Although the staff said they complied, the room was so heavily fragranced that even my eyes burned. We had a similar experience at another Holiday Inn . So - no more Holiday Inns for us. If the artificial smells don't bother you then this is a good motel.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Christiansburg Blacksburg, responded to this review, July 4, 2014
Dear drmikeb100,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. We truly regret to see you did not fully enjoy your time at the hotel. We take all of the reviews we receive very seriously as they allow us to identify areas that may benefit from additional attention. We have shared your comments with the staff and we’re confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Adrian D
Case Manager
IHGCare
Spotsylvania, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2014

Stayed over Memorial Day weekend for VT soccer tourney. We had 12 families booked for 2 nights.
1st complaint- our entire team was scattered all over the hotel. We requested to be all on one floor. So our girls rode the elevators back and forth all night and day to there teammates room. Very aggravating and inconvenient.
2nd complaint- at our tournaments the moms and dads get together in the evening for a friendly poker game. We have never had an issue finding a small table to set up weather it be an empty banquet room or the breakfast area. We set up in the conference room one evening and shortly there after we're told to leave bc they had a banquet first thing in the morning. They were not setting up anything but just wanted the room empty just in case? The gentleman was very un accommodating. We went to manager and complained and asked to sit in the restaurant area and we're told no to that too (it was closed) yet the lobby area was packed with adults drinking and being very loud. All we wanted is a small quiet room to hang out in. We did however get permission to sit in bar area the next night but had to buy alcohol from them. We agreed.
3rd complaint- breakfast was not impressive but I didn't have a high expectation anyway I just simply wanted items to be replenished when they were empty. We had to wait for several things and then had to ask for others. No juice provided unless you paid for it. I really was shocked at that.
4th complaint- service was not great. With issues about rooms, adequate public seating it just wasn't handled well. They ran out of pool towels one night as there were a lot of children in the pool and the front desk basically said oh well. When you leave the pool you have to walk thru the lobby to elevators so this caused a ton of water to be on the floors. Very hazardous!
Over all the hotel was nice. Rooms were good size and clean. We plan on coming back to this tournament next year but we will not be staying at Holiday Inn unfortunately.

Stayed May 2014
Laredo, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2014

We arrived for granddaughter 's Virginia Tech Graduation!! As we walked in, we were very WARMLY welcomed by the staff at the Front Desk!!! They made us feel at HOME!!! We had three rooms and they were very cozy, very comfortable beds!! A compliment I must add :: another daughter was arriving with husband and 7year old son!! I asked at the Front Desk if they would please make the sofa-bed for grandson, so when they checked in everything would be ready! IT WAS DONE AND THEY FELT EXTREMELY WELCOMED!!! Grandson used the pool, and LOVED it!!! Our continental Breakfast was AMPLE AND VERY GOOD!!!WE were treated ROYALLY by THE ENTIRE STAFF!! I recommend this HOLIDAY INN WITH JOY IN MY HEART!!!Rhonda, Alex and Jackie, Mary at restaurantand TO ALL. THANK YOU VERY MUCH!! God bless you!!

Room Tip: If going for children's Graduation from Virginia Tech,this is the place to stay in Christiansbur...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Been to Holiday Inn Christiansburg Blacksburg? Share your experiences!