“Delightful Visit!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Christiansburg
Laredo, Texas
“Delightful Visit!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2014

We arrived for granddaughter 's Virginia Tech Graduation!! As we walked in, we were very WARMLY welcomed by the staff at the Front Desk!!! They made us feel at HOME!!! We had three rooms and they were very cozy, very comfortable beds!! A compliment I must add :: another daughter was arriving with husband and 7year old son!! I asked at the Front Desk if they would please make the sofa-bed for grandson, so when they checked in everything would be ready! IT WAS DONE AND THEY FELT EXTREMELY WELCOMED!!! Grandson used the pool, and LOVED it!!! Our continental Breakfast was AMPLE AND VERY GOOD!!!WE were treated ROYALLY by THE ENTIRE STAFF!! I recommend this HOLIDAY INN WITH JOY IN MY HEART!!!Rhonda, Alex and Jackie, Mary at restaurantand TO ALL. THANK YOU VERY MUCH!! God bless you!!

Room Tip: If going for children's Graduation from Virginia Tech,this is the place to stay in Christiansbur...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Pounding Mill, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

nice and new, clean and attractive hotel - we stayed there in Feb. 2014 and again April 2014 twice when in town for VA Tech activities with high school students.

They offer the standard complimentary, continental breakfast that is bare bones and does not include milk - and a better hot breakfast buffet for $8.00. The hot buffet isn't worth the $8 and I think they should just throw the whole thing in as a complimentary breakfast.

When traveling with our kids or students, we look for a good breakfast as this is a lifesaver for time and expenses - other hotels at the same room rate are just as nice with a better breakfast than this one. AAA found this one for me, but next time I'll look for something else.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Christiansburg Blacksburg, responded to this review, May 30, 2014
Dear tripeeblonde,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. It's good to know that our location suited your needs, and that you enjoyed the overall look of our property.

I see that we fell short in meeting your expectations about the complimentary breakfast. I am very sorry for any inconvenience you may have encountered. Your comments regarding this are taken note of and hopefully on your next visit, we can give you 100% satisfaction. We appreciate all your feedback and hope to serve you again.

Kind Regards,

Tracy V.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2014

Stopped here on way through, not our usual hotel chain but it was close by restaurants and had good reviews. Hotel is clean, mostly because it is newer. The sheets had nubbies on them from over use. We asked for a quiet room because we are both light sleepers, they put us near the outside air handling system, NOT quiet. When we called the front desk the clerk said, huh, no one every complained before. No offer of assistance or resolution. wanted to order a hot breakfast but no one to cook it at 8 am, the cold breakfast leaves a lot to be desired. I agree with other reviewers, amateurs.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Christiansburg Blacksburg, responded to this review, May 22, 2014
Dear Barb D,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our property. Your satisfaction is important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding experience at our hotel. It is regrettable you were not satisfied with the service you received. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences.

Karen C
Davidsonville, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014

If you love green, you will like this hotel. It is all green inside. If you've never stayed in a green hotel, now is your chance. The decor was kind of interesting and the room was much bigger than the average room for this type of hotel. Since it is a brand-new property, everything was clean and in good condition.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Burke, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2014

Stayed here for one night with my family and was pleasantly surprised. Quick check in and check out with very friendly staff. Room was huge (2 queen beds) with ample space to spread out. The room and bathroom were extremely clean as well. The entire room/bathroom appeared to be relatively new. Beds were soft and there was a microwave and refrigerator. The kids loved the indoor pool and my husband enjoyed the treadmill in the exercise room. There was a breakfast included in the stay--it was ok. Just cold items--cereals (large selection), yogurt, bagels, fruit, and small muffins. There was an option for hot items (sausage, egg, etc) but it was $8.95 extra. The only con to the stay was that I could hear everything going on out in the hall/next door. I will say that a baseball team was staying in the hotel that night and I'm pretty sure they were the ones I was hearing, but other than that I would most definitely stay at the Holiday Inn Christiansburg/Blacksburg again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Indian Land, South Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

The room was a good size. The king bed was in good condition and comfortable. My room had a microwave, a safe, and a refrigerator. The room was clean. They must have remodeled recently. The toilet was the old type that is very low to the ground, not ADA height.

My complaint about this hotel is the "free breakfast." They had little boxes of cereal, bread and bagels. This is bait and switch to travelers who stay at Hampton Inns and Fairfield Inns. Either put out a breakfast spread or don't. They also offered a breakfast buffet for $8.95. At 8:00am on Monday morning there was nothing on the buffet. Not even empty steam dishes. I bet some bean counter decided that a bad free breakfast would send travelers to the buffet. Wrong. There are way to many good hotels in Christiansburg to put up with misleading hype.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Christiansburg Blacksburg, responded to this review, April 22, 2014
Dear Rabbit1945,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I am pleased you mentioned the good quality of your room. I was disappointed to read you did not find the breakfast satisfying, we will review for possible modifications so to better accommodate our guests in the future. I do apologize for any inconvenience that you have experienced.

We appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services. Thank you for staying with us, and we hope to have an opportunity to serve you again.

Jaime W
Richmond, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014

I was in the Christiansburg area on business this past week. The Holiday Inn was very clean, rooms were modern and very comfortable beds. Great flat screen TV. My only complaint was with the staff with regards to a continental breakfast order. The breakfast provided by the hotel in the restaurant is substandard with only some cold cereal, milk, yogurt and whole apples. So my 2nd day I ordered Juice/Coffee/Toast/Fruit for the room via door hanger provided by the hotel. I asked that the order be delivered at 6:45am. At 6am the phone rang and it was the hotel wanting to know if I wanted the breakfast charged to my room or pay cash. I could not believe that they called and woke me up for just a stupid question. So wide awake I could not get back to sleep. I read until 6:45 and no breakfast. So I waited until 6:55 and called the front desk. I was total irritated now, so I explained by displeasure with the 6am phone call...that it woke me up the man at the front desk said, "that was me". I told him it wrong to call someone at 6am...then I told him that the breakfast had not been delivered, what is the problem...all I ordered wasuice/Coffee/Toast/Fruit. He said he would check and hung up. He did call back and said they were on their way. At about 7am they arrived and the woman said she had cut the cantaloupe just for me several times, I asked that she just put the tray down, once she did so, she opened her arms and said, "Honey, give me a hug", I found this to be stupid and odd...I said, "no, please, that is enough".

The simple Juice/Coffee/Toast/Fruit was unreal, no butter, cold toast, only 2 coffee creams for a whole pot of coffee and the fruit tasted odd.

This hotel needs to know how to treat business travelers and have common sense, who calls anyone at 6am! People on a schedule, working out of town shouldn't have to deal with any of the above.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Been to Holiday Inn Christiansburg Blacksburg? Share your experiences!