“Poor service!” 2 of 5 stars

Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #2 of 13 hotels in Christiansburg
“Poor service!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013 via mobile

I think this hotel is ran by ammatures! The front desk is routinely vacant ... If someone is there, they don't greet you. The restaurant is pathetic! They push the restaurant on you so we ate breakfast there ... Big mistake! Our order was wrong so we requested it fixed ... Just wanted eggs over medium ... We got overcooked eggs. Took more than 15 minutes to get new eggs and by then the rest of the breakfast was cold. Did I mention we were the only people in the restaurant? So, it's not like they were too busy! Went to the bar to get 2 sodas ... They came out as brown colored water! The server served them to us anyway & when we mentioned it, he tasted it himself to ensure we were telling the truth! The server asked us if we wanted a different kind of soda, we said "no" & he walked away. We had just paid over $5 for colored water! My husband called him back & eventually got 2 bottled sodas! We came back to our room on the 3rd night to find that our soiled towels were gone but our room had not been cleaned nor did we have any clean towels!! You'd think for $229 a night, we could get room service & clean towels! My husband called down for towels & said we need towels for 3 people! They brought 3 bath towels & 1 wash cloth!! Really??? I prefer using my own wash cloth!! This hotel appears new & clean but the staff is untrained!! I'll stay at our normal hotel from now on ... Check out the Hilton Garden Inn in Blacksburg ... You won't be disappointed!!

• Stayed October 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Christiansburg Blacksburg, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Dear CGlovemylife,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback on your stay. It is unfortunate the service you received prevented you from fully enjoying your time at the hotel. We are confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Thank you again for your comments, we hope to have the pleasure of serving you again in the future.

Adrian D
Case Manager
IHGCare

119 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Berkeley Springs, WV
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

We were also touring VA Tech and found all the hotels in Blacksburg full. This hotel is very trendy, decorated retro. Beautiful, new, clean. Rooms nice, beds comfy , pillows spectacular. Very friendly and welcoming staff!

We tried to go out to Red Lobster, or the Texas Steak House and found they had an hour wait, so we decided to have dinner in the Restaurant located on the first floor of the Hotel. What a surprise!! The waiter Keith was first class, excellent service, the food was cooked by Chef Barrett.
Hubby and daughter had Rib Eye Steaks, and I had Rib Eye with shrimp. Mushrooms and onions on top. YUM!! Spectacular food and very reasonable. There were only a couple people in the restaurant at the time!! What a hidden treasure! We'll sure be back again!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

I was visiting VA Tech on business and all of the Blacksburg hotels were booked. I expanded my search and found this location. To begin with its less than 15 minutes from campus, so it is very convenient. There are restaurants all around the hotel, with a steak house just across the parking lot/street. The lobby was modern and fresh looking, the employees were very helpful and nice, and the room was clean and fresh. After a long day, I didnt feel like going out, but I decided to try the hotel restaurant, which I usually pass on. I wasnt sorry, the waiter/bartender was great, he went out of his way to be helpful, and the food was pretty good also. Overall I would highly recommend this hotel. After I checked out, I needed to leave a couple of boxes for a coworker to pick up somewhere. I went back to the hotel on my way out of town, and they were happy to hold the items for me. I was very happy with the service!!!

• Stayed September 2013
northern virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

Move in for ds at Vtech and got holiday inn from Priceline express. Great price and thought it was one close to campus. Had stayed there before and wasn't best experience. but for good price and 1 night, it was ok. Was my great surprise that holiday inn was in christianburg, located close to main strip of big stores and hotels, and its brand new! Right across from red robin and Texas steakhouse, hotel was clean, good Virginia friendliness and really tastefully done.

Seems that large hotel chains are creating new, minimalist style brands. holiday inn got it right. Color and design give rich, cozy feel. Minimalist usually means smaller. Not here Room and bedding is generously large and comfortable. Could have fit 2+. Rollaway beds in our room amazing! Room near elevator and quiet as mouse.

Only bad part was free breakfast was cold one - fruits, cereals, pastries, bagel/toast, instant oatmeal, juices, coffee, etc. Hot dishes w eggs, sausage, etc was extra fee. Ok and nice dining area

Definitely recommend and would stay again

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
toms river new jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

We stayed here July 29th for one night . The hotel is very clean and the beds are comfortable. They have a salt water pool which was a first for us and a very nice change from the strong smell of chlorine. They offer a free continental breakfast( toast,english muffins, fruit, cereal,bagels,coffee,tea,milk,juice) which was more than adequate for us. The employees were also very pleasant to speak with. My biggest thing to look for in a hotel is cleanliness and this hotel met my expectations. Its located in an area with many stores and restaurants . We would definitely stay her again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

We had our family reunion at this hotel last weekend. I have traveled extensively over the years and this has been one of my best experiences. Not only is the hotel pretty new and well appointed, the staff is out of this world. They are friendly, helpful and courteous. I am not sure how they could have improved on anything that happened during our stay. Libby was wonderful to work with!!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

Checked in in the middle of a LARGE softball tournament an people were everywhere! I spent less than 2 minutes checking in an the desk clerk, Kelly I believe, never missed a beat. Each time I was in the lobby she would wave a friendly hello an during the course of our stay even remembered my name each time she saw me. The only thing better than being treated as a guest is being treated like a friend! Kudos to the entire team from house staff to the restaurant an lounge for such a warm atmosphere. We WILL be back.

Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Been to Holiday Inn Christiansburg Blacksburg? Share your experiences!