“Restaurant Is a hidden Treasure!!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Christiansburg
Berkeley Springs, WV
“Restaurant Is a hidden Treasure!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

We were also touring VA Tech and found all the hotels in Blacksburg full. This hotel is very trendy, decorated retro. Beautiful, new, clean. Rooms nice, beds comfy , pillows spectacular. Very friendly and welcoming staff!

We tried to go out to Red Lobster, or the Texas Steak House and found they had an hour wait, so we decided to have dinner in the Restaurant located on the first floor of the Hotel. What a surprise!! The waiter Keith was first class, excellent service, the food was cooked by Chef Barrett.
Hubby and daughter had Rib Eye Steaks, and I had Rib Eye with shrimp. Mushrooms and onions on top. YUM!! Spectacular food and very reasonable. There were only a couple people in the restaurant at the time!! What a hidden treasure! We'll sure be back again!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

I was visiting VA Tech on business and all of the Blacksburg hotels were booked. I expanded my search and found this location. To begin with its less than 15 minutes from campus, so it is very convenient. There are restaurants all around the hotel, with a steak house just across the parking lot/street. The lobby was modern and fresh looking, the employees were very helpful and nice, and the room was clean and fresh. After a long day, I didnt feel like going out, but I decided to try the hotel restaurant, which I usually pass on. I wasnt sorry, the waiter/bartender was great, he went out of his way to be helpful, and the food was pretty good also. Overall I would highly recommend this hotel. After I checked out, I needed to leave a couple of boxes for a coworker to pick up somewhere. I went back to the hotel on my way out of town, and they were happy to hold the items for me. I was very happy with the service!!!

• Stayed September 2013
northern virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

Move in for ds at Vtech and got holiday inn from Priceline express. Great price and thought it was one close to campus. Had stayed there before and wasn't best experience. but for good price and 1 night, it was ok. Was my great surprise that holiday inn was in christianburg, located close to main strip of big stores and hotels, and its brand new! Right across from red robin and Texas steakhouse, hotel was clean, good Virginia friendliness and really tastefully done.

Seems that large hotel chains are creating new, minimalist style brands. holiday inn got it right. Color and design give rich, cozy feel. Minimalist usually means smaller. Not here Room and bedding is generously large and comfortable. Could have fit 2+. Rollaway beds in our room amazing! Room near elevator and quiet as mouse.

Only bad part was free breakfast was cold one - fruits, cereals, pastries, bagel/toast, instant oatmeal, juices, coffee, etc. Hot dishes w eggs, sausage, etc was extra fee. Ok and nice dining area

Definitely recommend and would stay again

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
toms river new jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

We stayed here July 29th for one night . The hotel is very clean and the beds are comfortable. They have a salt water pool which was a first for us and a very nice change from the strong smell of chlorine. They offer a free continental breakfast( toast,english muffins, fruit, cereal,bagels,coffee,tea,milk,juice) which was more than adequate for us. The employees were also very pleasant to speak with. My biggest thing to look for in a hotel is cleanliness and this hotel met my expectations. Its located in an area with many stores and restaurants . We would definitely stay her again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

We had our family reunion at this hotel last weekend. I have traveled extensively over the years and this has been one of my best experiences. Not only is the hotel pretty new and well appointed, the staff is out of this world. They are friendly, helpful and courteous. I am not sure how they could have improved on anything that happened during our stay. Libby was wonderful to work with!!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

Checked in in the middle of a LARGE softball tournament an people were everywhere! I spent less than 2 minutes checking in an the desk clerk, Kelly I believe, never missed a beat. Each time I was in the lobby she would wave a friendly hello an during the course of our stay even remembered my name each time she saw me. The only thing better than being treated as a guest is being treated like a friend! Kudos to the entire team from house staff to the restaurant an lounge for such a warm atmosphere. We WILL be back.

Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

I needed a room in Christiansburg for a night this week because I was undergoing a medical procedure and needed to stay close to the medical center, even though I live not too far away. I went to the Hampton Inn, which was sold out and they contacted the Holiday Inn for me, and they had one room left. There was a VT orientation and a big swim meet that night. I couldn't be more pleased with my visit.

This is a new property and very well appointed. The rooms are large with comfortable beds, pillows and furnishings. You won't find better accommodations even at the higher end Hilton's, Marriot's, etc. This is a full service hotel, though from the outside it looks more like an Express. It has a nice lounge, restaurant, and room service, indoor pool and exercise room.

It is within easy walking distance of several restaurants (Texas Road House, Red Lobster, Red Robin, IHOP, Olive Garden, Pannera, Ryan's, and maybe a two minute drive from a nice Mexican restaurant, a Japanese Steakhouse, and fast food restaurants. Also adjacent to a Walmart and across the street from a major mall.

It is about 10 minutes from Virginia Tech and about 15 minutes from Radford University. Very close to venues that host swim meets and youth baseball tournaments.

The staff is very friendly and helpful and the price is right. If I have family or friends who visit in the future, this is where I will put them, even though there are hotels that are closer. This one is world class for the money.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo

Been to Holiday Inn Christiansburg Blacksburg? Share your experiences!