“Honest opinion” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 13 hotels in Christiansburg
Purcellville
“Honest opinion”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

Stayed at the "New" Holiday Inn in Christiansburg, VA. Absolutely perfect. Staff and check in was effortless. Lobby a bit art deco but our room was grand. Well stocked, bathroom impeccably clean, linens fresh and bed very comfortable. Did not partake of breakfast but was extremely pleased with our one night stay.

Room Tip: Used military rate. Best value and not disappointed with room.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

117 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Huntsville, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

Stopped for a night and it is a new hotel. Completely non-smoking. Very comfortable and staff was friendly. The complimentary breakfast was a little sparse without any hot items. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Marion, Alabama
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

Recently stayed there, I am returning to the area for an extended stay and booking more reservations for my co-workers it will not be there. Coffee terrible, service horrible and they overcharged me after the fact.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Christiansburg Blacksburg, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Dear Kelli R,

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to write a review. I am happy to know that you found our location to be convenient for your needs. I apologize that you found your stay less than satisfactory due to the service received. Your review will be used to consider improvements needed and I hope that you can give us a chance to show you what we have done in the future.

Once again, many thanks for posting your comments.

Pam G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Summit, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

I stopped here on December 11th. My room was large, comfortable, clean and quiet - and the sheets fit the bed! I couldn't ask for more. The staff was very friendly and helpful. And the restaurant was excellent. The restaurant was empty and the chef took my "to go" order himself. It was very good. The same chef made me one of the best breakfasts ever. My only complaint is that the towels were thin and stiff. Overall a great place to stop.

Room Tip: I was in room 102 - a room all by itself near the exercise room and it was excellent.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Charlottesville, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

Our family traveled to Christiansburg for a large swim meet. This hotel offered us a very good team rate, provided a good hot breakfast, tremendous service and quality friendly people. The property is only 1.5 years old. It is clean, new, modern and roomy. it is located close to everything we needed: a Walmart in the parking lot, multiple restaurants across the street, sporting goods stores, department stores, fast food, car service, gas stations. Everything.

The best feature: Very honest people. Inevitably, we left something in the room after we checked out. Within an hour the front desk called my cell and told me I left something in the room. I hadn't even realized I left anything yet. I was still in the area, so I went back and it was waiting for me. I wanted to give something to the person who found my stuff... they wouldn't hear of it. I had to practically beg them to write the person a thank you note.

I travel for work and have 50+ hotel nights a year. There have been MANY times I have called back to 'higher end," or "name brand" hotel to see if they found my item in my room and received the, "sorry, there was nothing found in the room." It's usually just a given, if you leave something in a hotel room - it's gone.

I'm in Christiansburg 3-4 times a year. There isn't another hotel I will stay at as long as I go there. They have convinced me. Thank you!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012 via mobile

Surprised when I did not get my room cleaned by 3:30. I asked for a late check out the following day. Manager was having a bad day too many patrons so I was yelled at for requesting it. Surprised to have such bad service. Not accommodating to large groups. Really bad breakfast options. Guess I get what I pay for.

• Stayed December 2012
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Christiansburg Blacksburg, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Dear Dashby,

We appreciate you sharing your experience regarding your stay with us. It is disappointing you did not enjoy your stay at our property and regrettable you found the level of service you received less than satisfactory. I would like to assure you that the challenges you experienced during your stay are not indicative of our usual high standards. I have taken note of your valuable comments and will address these to continually monitor and improve the quality and services we offer.

Thank you for your feedback and I hope that you will give us the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Joel B
Case Manager
IHGCare
St Pete, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012 via mobile

After 10 years of travel as a "Platinum" Priority Club Rewards member I have to say this is Holiday Inn's best hotel. I would drive 50 miles off course to stay here. From the desk to the restaurant to the maids, the staff here turn a good hotel into a great one.

• Stayed December 2012

Been to Holiday Inn Christiansburg Blacksburg? Share your experiences!