“Great Holiday Inn” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 13 hotels in Christiansburg
Summit, New Jersey
“Great Holiday Inn”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

I stopped here on December 11th. My room was large, comfortable, clean and quiet - and the sheets fit the bed! I couldn't ask for more. The staff was very friendly and helpful. And the restaurant was excellent. The restaurant was empty and the chef took my "to go" order himself. It was very good. The same chef made me one of the best breakfasts ever. My only complaint is that the towels were thin and stiff. Overall a great place to stop.

Room Tip: I was in room 102 - a room all by itself near the exercise room and it was excellent.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo

119 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Charlottesville, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

Our family traveled to Christiansburg for a large swim meet. This hotel offered us a very good team rate, provided a good hot breakfast, tremendous service and quality friendly people. The property is only 1.5 years old. It is clean, new, modern and roomy. it is located close to everything we needed: a Walmart in the parking lot, multiple restaurants across the street, sporting goods stores, department stores, fast food, car service, gas stations. Everything.

The best feature: Very honest people. Inevitably, we left something in the room after we checked out. Within an hour the front desk called my cell and told me I left something in the room. I hadn't even realized I left anything yet. I was still in the area, so I went back and it was waiting for me. I wanted to give something to the person who found my stuff... they wouldn't hear of it. I had to practically beg them to write the person a thank you note.

I travel for work and have 50+ hotel nights a year. There have been MANY times I have called back to 'higher end," or "name brand" hotel to see if they found my item in my room and received the, "sorry, there was nothing found in the room." It's usually just a given, if you leave something in a hotel room - it's gone.

I'm in Christiansburg 3-4 times a year. There isn't another hotel I will stay at as long as I go there. They have convinced me. Thank you!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012 via mobile

Surprised when I did not get my room cleaned by 3:30. I asked for a late check out the following day. Manager was having a bad day too many patrons so I was yelled at for requesting it. Surprised to have such bad service. Not accommodating to large groups. Really bad breakfast options. Guess I get what I pay for.

• Stayed December 2012
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Christiansburg Blacksburg, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Dear Dashby,

We appreciate you sharing your experience regarding your stay with us. It is disappointing you did not enjoy your stay at our property and regrettable you found the level of service you received less than satisfactory. I would like to assure you that the challenges you experienced during your stay are not indicative of our usual high standards. I have taken note of your valuable comments and will address these to continually monitor and improve the quality and services we offer.

Thank you for your feedback and I hope that you will give us the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Joel B
Case Manager
IHGCare
St Pete, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012 via mobile

After 10 years of travel as a "Platinum" Priority Club Rewards member I have to say this is Holiday Inn's best hotel. I would drive 50 miles off course to stay here. From the desk to the restaurant to the maids, the staff here turn a good hotel into a great one.

• Stayed December 2012
Green Valley, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

I stay in this hotel three or four weeks per month. It is only one year old and located near good shopping and WalMart. The entire staff from the general manager to the housekeeping staff are all interested in you having a great experience with your stay. The restaurant and lounge is probably one of the best kept secrets in Christiansburg. They have a good menu with a wide range of goodies. They also offer daily specials to enhance the already broad menu.
The real success of this location is the teamwork of people and their goal to make you satisfied. They really bend over backwards to make your stay as close to a home experience as they can.

Room Tip: Ask for the room with the walk in shower, they are great.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Virginia Beach
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

Stayed here for a recent football weekend. First time at this new HI. It was very nice with a unique modern style and decor. The two queen bedroom we had was standard size with nice amenities and super comfortable beds. Lots of restaurants and mall right near by so many choices to eat and shop. Also in between Christiansburg and Blacksburg so only 10 min to the game. We would definitely stay here again. The only complaint I had was our room which was for 4 guests only had 3 towels in the bathroom so had to ask for more at the desk then when room was cleaned when we were at the game they didn't notice more towels added and left us with 3 again so back to the desk I went to get more towels. I don't understand how they can have a room for 4 people and only supply 3 sets of towels. Other than that, hotel and staff were great!

Room Tip: new hotel so hard to find on GPS.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Rockingham, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

The stay was wonderful from start to finish. Jackie at the front desk was wonderful helpful on serveral occasions. Keith in the bar/restaurant provided excellent service and Chef Andrew's meals were prepared and cooked to perfection. Rooms and facilities were all presented well and in great condition. Would recommend this Holiday Inn to everyone. The staff definatly made the stay a great expreince.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Been to Holiday Inn Christiansburg Blacksburg? Share your experiences!