“Pretty bad” 2 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Cuisines: Mexican
“Pretty bad”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

My wife's big complaint was the service. Personally I don't care if the wait staff yells at me as long as the food is good. The food at Alejandro's is not good.

My wife's food was not brought as she asked - they forgot her dressing and tomatoes and our food came before someone finally brought us silverware.

Food is just bad. The rice looks like it was packaged and my lettuce was very browned. Skip and find another restaurant.

• Visited August 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

va
“Felt terrible after 4 times of eating here...”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013 via mobile

I was drawn to this resturant after hearing raves about the salsa bar. Well all I can say is everytime I've visited this resturant the food and service has been less than pleasurable. I didn't feel well after I've eaten here and after looking up their health dept. scores I see why. My absolute fab in the NRV is El Gran Rodeo. Eat there if you want awesome Mexican cuisine and friendly servicd.

• Visited August 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Lansdowne, Virginia
“Flavorless food, careless service but nice salsa bar!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013 via mobile

Ordered the two enchiladas with rice and beans, chicken in enchiladas were flavorless, no spice kick, nothing. Food really lacked in flavor. I needed lots of their spiciest salsa to put on but still didn't help. The server seemed like she didn't want to be there and couldve cared less if we were there or not. Salsa bar was nice, there were a few that tasted icky but most were good. Place looked like an old warehouse, they need to decorate and clean the place a bit. I love Mexican food but I don't call this place real Mexican. I don't think I'll be returning!

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Christiansburg, Virginia
“There are better Mexican restaurants, but none with salsa bars”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

Have eaten here several times in recent years. Always reminds me of the greasy spoon type establishment - can never put my finger on the reason though. Prices are competitive, portions are large, nice salsa bar.

Recently had taco salad with shredded chicken. Te chicken turned out to be large chunks rather than finely shredded. This other ingredients were added a glop at a time. By the time I stirred them into the taco shell I had a gooey mess. My part per had a similar experience with her meal.

This pace has been around for several years. It's in a cavernous room with TVs giving it a sports bar ambience. They continue to make minor modifications.

I prefer any of Reuther local Mexican establishments to this place

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Roanoke, Virginia
“Love love love the Salsa bar”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

My dad always wants to go here when he comes to town. They always have great food, we normally order two of the specials that are for two people and get to take leftovers home. Everyone loves the salsa bar that has a lot of different kinds of salsa, my favorite is the spicy white one. Of course we always fill up on the awesome chips. We have been here a lot and have never had a bad experience. Employees are always friendly and put on a show carrying four plates or more on one arm and singing to you if its your birthday.

• Visited November 2012