“Great BBQ” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Barbecue
Springfield, Virginia
“Great BBQ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013 via mobile

Small place. Filled with locals and college students. The BBQ pulled pork is awesome. Lots of unique, side dishes. Great value for the money. A rare find. Will stop there again when in the area.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“The best bbq restaurant I have ever come across.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

Even if you are HOURS away from this little restaurant, go to it! It's absolutely delicious, the music is amazing and the staff are lovely. The brisket, half chicken and beans were especially outstanding. Good job Due South, good job.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Richmond, Virginia
“Excellent Barbeque”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

This would be perfect for a Guy Ferrari's Tripe D show. Very funky but excellent food. The barbeque had a great smokey taste. Since we were there on Saturday we were able to get beekf brisket. Large number of side. Smokes taters were the best. My wife raved about the fried green tomatoes. The only disappointment was the mac and cheese. Tasted like it came out a Kraft box.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Burke, Virginia
“Yummy dinner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

We had dinner here while vacationing in the area. It was busy and it seemed like the locals came in for carry-out. We had pork bbq, mac and cheese and smoked tators. We thought we would be getting tator tots that had been smoked. Turned out to be diced potatoes, onions, and green peppers. A little less salt and they woud have been perfect. I was not a fan of the sauces. To vinegar-y and sweet. It was a filling meal and I would eat there again.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Virginia
“Good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

We stopped here mid-day on a Sunday, and they were out of chicken, so my friend was limited to a vegetable plate or chicken tenders. He ordered a chicken tender sandwich And they served it as very crispy with a wedge of iceberg lettuce on toast ( without asking), which was kind of odd.

But I think the servers weren't very experienced.

My pulled pork sandwich was very good; it was the best I have had in a long time over several southern states. I tried the NC sauce but chose the hot red sauce to add to the flavorful meat. The bun was soft,, as it needs to be for this food. It was also large, and the pork filled the bun and overflowed the edges.

The hush puppies may be the best I have ever had ( I never thought I would write a review of hush pupies, but they served three each with our sandwiches).

I ordered fried green tomatoes. They were tasty, with a crisp coating, but very greasy. I don't suggest you order them if it is your first experience with fried grren tomatoes.It's a delicate item..

They also don't serve a simple sandwich with one of their many sides as a meal; you must order a separate side dish. But the flavor of my meal made it worth it.

They had posters advertising the use of local cider and other local initiatives. I hope they will become known for using local healthier meats, as I really liked this place.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere