“Not the best, but not the worst” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Rodeway Inn Christiansburg

Save Saved
You added Rodeway Inn Christiansburg to your Saves list
Rodeway Inn Christiansburg
1.5 of 5 Hotel   |   100 Bristol Drive, Christiansburg, VA 24073 (Formerly Knights Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #13 of 13 hotels in Christiansburg
Virginia
“Not the best, but not the worst”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

We had reservations at a major hotel chain that was closer to Blacksburg for Homecoming weekend, but figured we could stay at the Rodeway and drive the extra 3 miles to save $100+ a night. We cancelled the other reservations and booked the Rodeway Inn. While we may have had nicer amenities at the big chain, the Rodeway met our needs and saved us about $225. The continental breakfast was very basic, so we had breakfast elsewhere and still ended up saving about $200 for the weekend. The rooms looked a little tired, but they were clean and that's the most important thing for us. I would stay there again, we didn't have any issues with the room at all. It was much better than a few others we've stayed at in the Christiansburg area!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

17 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Fredericksburg, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

This place is one step away from being burned as a public health menace or demolished. Every thing is shabby. Water faucets turn the wrong way from the rest of north America. The instruction or guide plate for setting the HVAC controls is completely useless. Thin and tiny towells. Microwave was indicated at the web site but if the microwave was there I never saw it. Over priced for a roach motel. I had a far better room for less money at a Rodeway in Albuquerque, NM. That's way I took a chance with this one. Boy, was I wrong.

Room Tip: Don't go. The Choice Hotel chain is crap shoot. One never knows if their rooms will be worth the...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Herndon
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

I really cannot find anything good to say about this place other than the friendly lady at the desk. It is an old motel in bad need of upgrades. Uncomfortable bed which didn't even have a fitted sheet but rather a top sheet tucked in...and quickly untucked during the night. Lumpy pillows. Small bath towels that didn't even wrap around me (and I am petite). And you only get two...we had to ask for more. Cheap everything all the way around. Worst of all no coffee pot. Get rid of the full size ironing board and iron and put coffee in the rooms! Who irons anymore any way? No complimentary breakfast but they DO have free wi fi.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Virginia Beach
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

Traveled to Virginia Tech on a weekend with a major swim meet (I was not there for the swim meet). Hotels were booked or very expensive, but Rodeway Inn was reasonable priced so I booked a room here. The day I arrived I came early to see if I could check in early. There was nobody at the desk, but I had my computer with me so I used the wireless to answer some e-mail. He arrived about 20 minutes later saying he needed to stop by the store. The guy at the desk was very friendly and he was able to get me into a room even though I was 3-4 hours prior to check in time.

The rooms have outdoor entrances and parking is in front of your room. The area has many restaurants. I saw complaints about it being hard to find. Even though it is behind a closed gas station there is a sign on the road and I had no problems finding it.

The room itself could use a make over. Outdated, some wallpaper peeling, the carpet around the baseboards were dirty, and saw a few strands of hair in the bathroom (toilet and shower). A couple outlets did not work and one light did not work. It is a good size room and had a fridge and I think a microwave. The wireless worked well. The bed was comfortable. It looked like they would do a daily quick cleaning but it had been a long time since the room was thoroughly cleaned.

Breakfast is scheduled from 7-10am. I didn't check the breakfast out the first two days, but the last day I thought I would while I checked out. Got there at 7:45 and there was no one there. Door was locked and no breakfast was available. One other note about the breakfast area I noticed earlier, the spacious breakfast area shown on the web page consisted of a table and two or three chairs.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Chesapeake, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

I was pleasantly surprised with my stay at the Rodeway Inn in Christiansburg, Virginia. It was parent's weekend at Virginia Tech and I booked my room a few days before going.

I arrived a little early and the hotel was able to let me check in early so I would have more time to spend with my daughter. The room was very clean and the beds were very comfortable. This was a great value for my dollar.

The hotel is only a 10 minute drive to Lane Stadium and if had I stayed 5 minutes closer to Lane Stadium I would have paid nearly a $100 more just for a place to sleep.

Thanks Rodeway Inn. I will be back!!!

Room Tip: All the rooms are easy to get to. I would book early when making your reservations.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Roanoke, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

After traveling from TX to OH to LA and basically all over the country, this hotel has been better than any $400 room Ive been comp'd for. If you need anything, just ask for Amy, and she will take better care of you than anyone Ive seen while on tour in 2012. Do NOT pass this place by while traveling!

David Thomas - Frontiers

Room Tip: any of them are perfect!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Savage, Minnesota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

The female manager was very friendly - she was the best thing about the place which is in extreme need of being fixed/updated. The male manager guarded the ice machine, which was clearly the best thing about the place: it must have worked, or he wouldn't have guarded it! The waffe house is across the street so that was a plus.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Rodeway Inn Christiansburg? Share your experiences!