“The Inn Keepers were so warm and welcoming” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Evergreen: The Bell-Capozzi House

Evergreen:  The Bell-Capozzi House
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Christiansburg
Evergreen: The Bell-Capozzi House
You added Evergreen: The Bell-Capozzi House to your Saves list
201 East Main St., Christiansburg, VA 24703   |
Charlotte, North Carolina
“The Inn Keepers were so warm and welcoming”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2011

We were in Christiansburg for our anniversary and found the Inn on the internet. We were greeted by Barbara and Rocco and made to feel like family. We spent a lot of time visiting with them and the other guests. We came as strangers and left as friends. A great place to stay! We will be back!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple

Solo
Business
Blacksburg, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2011

This is a lovely turn of the century colonial revival home with warm, inviting public spaces, a large veranda and comfortable guest rooms. Innkeepers provide excellent hospitality go out of their way to accomodate their guests. Rooms are large and very compfortable. Overall, a very quiet, restful place. Feels more like visiting good friends or family for the weekend than just paying for a room for the night. For books lovers and readers, the owners have a varied collection of books, old and new, and there are plenty of books everywhere (and plenty of comfy places to curl up with one). Highly recommended.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Clinton Township, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2010

We still talk about sitting on the porch, our wonderful breakfast, the wonderful rooms and of course how Barbara and Rocky spoiled us.

Their suggestion to go to Mountain Lake is so appreciated because we have a lot of memories there also.

Thanks for the wonderful memories.

I am looking forward to a girfriends vacation here.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends
Wynnewood, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2010

There is (currently) no website and no photos available on-line, but when I phoned for additional information, Barbara (Bell Capozzi) was so warm and welcoming on the phone that I booked the stay immediately.

The inn itself is the Bell Capozzi home. The family residence was converted into a B&B after their children were grown and moved out. Barbara and husband Rocco (Rocky to Barbara) continue to live in the home, and maintain the inn as a "casual" business. Do not expect the corporate efficiency of an investment property, but do expect that you will be warmly welcomed into the home of a couple that want you to be comfortable and enjoy your stay in Christansburg.

Rocco is pleased to talk about the town (I think he knows everyone and thier dog) and recommended an excellent restaurant (The Summit) for dinner, and calling in our reservation for us. Barbara exudes Southern charm and serves a fabulous breakfast, including fresh fruit, cheesy grits, eggs and the best pancakes I've ever eaten. Breakfast is "exactly 8:30", but Barbara/Rocco easily accomodated our desire to eat earlier (7:30) so that we could get an early start on the day.

The inn itself is a spacious Victorian house. As Barbara and Rocco maintain the property themselves, don't expect a manicured landscape. There is a swimming pool, and it was available for our use, but we did not have time to enjoy it. The house is comfortably decorated, with a grand piano on the ground floor (another guest happened to be a concert pianist, so we were wonderfully entertained in the evening). Rooms may not have been updated since the home was originally converted, but the bedrooms are huge with king beds and ample pillows. Extremely comfortable. Bathrooms are small, accomodating only one person at a time.

Remember, you will be staying in the Bell Capozzi home. If you want soulless corporate efficiency, you might be happier at a Holiday Inn.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
nj
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2008

My husband and I were quite disappointed with our resent visit. We felt mislead by the advertisement which offered a heated pool and tea every evening from 5-6pm. The pool was covered and when inquiring about this, the innkeeper stated that "we have not used it since the children left" which turns out to be eight years. As for tea time..."it's a game weekend so we are not serving tea". So much for a getaway weekend which we traveled seven hours for. BE AWARE
OF FALSE ADVERTISEMENT!!!

• Stayed October 2008
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
TheBellCapozziHouse, Owner/Innkeeper at Evergreen: The Bell-Capozzi House, responded to this review, January 15, 2009
These guests were here for a Va Tech football weekend. We extended them every courtesy including allowing their son (not a registered guest ) to shower and dress. Our pool has never been covered and was fully operational when they were here. My comment about not using it" since the children were here" was meant as us personally. My website says specifically" Tea by reservation only". The guest mentioned it on Saturday morning and I informed her of the reservation only policy and since it is a very labor intensive process, that we were not physically able to do this on football weekends when we are packed with guests. These guests tried to have $130 taken off their credit card and we refused. This was one of our busiest football weekends and as we are a very small Inn with just myself and my husband doing everything here, we simply could not absorb such a loss after we had been especially accommodating to them. It makes me very sad to have this kind of thing happen. "No good deed goes unpunished"
SW Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2007

I had a couple come visit us who are allergic to dogs, and since I have 4 of them they asked us to find them a hotel. I did much better than a hotel--I suggested they call the Evergreen Inn. It's a block from my house, and I knew from the outside it would be a nicer stay than a hotel. It is a WONDERFUL inn! My friends got booked in the Carriage House, which is a separate building, with a living room, bathroom and kitchen downstairs and a bedroom loft upstairs. The decor is very eclectic, but it works well with all the wood paneling, and is private and cozy.
Since one of my friends is a late sleeper, I was invited to eat his breakfast, and since I have always wanted to see the inside I accepted. The breakfast was a good southern one, with the cheese grits being a special treat. The inside of the house is even more spectacular than the outside. I didn't see any of the rooms upstairs, but the downstairs is spacious and elegant. The best room is the library, with its beautiful grand piano. The wrap around porch has many private screened sitting areas with inviting comfortable furniture that begs you to sit awhile with a good book. There is a pool and a nice gazebo in the back also. And Barbara and Rocky are the perfect hosts--very friendly and talkative but never to the point of being intrusive.
So, if you are in the New River Valley and need lodging, you can't do better than the Evergreen Inn!

• Liked — Warm, cozy feel of the Carriage House
  • Disliked — Not recommended for handicapped folks--stairs required to access each room
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Western North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2007

My husband and I just returned from a lovely stay at Evergreen. From the moment we arrived, we were warmly treated by the innkeepers, Rocco and Barbara Capozzi, and our every need was quickly fulfilled.

The room itself was large and beautifully furnished with inspiration from Gone with the Wind. The king-size bed was very comfortable and had soft (they'd been ironed!) sheets. There is was a small TV/VCR in the room and movies are available from an eclectic collection.

There are porch swings, a pool and a gazebo if you want to be outdoors and explore the grounds, or you can cozy up with a book in any number of beautiful public rooms throughout the inn.
There's a huge library filled with an amazing variety of books and even a grand piano for those who play. They also serve tea if you make arrangements in advance.

At breakfast, we were treated to the best coffee I've ever had in the U.S. and a wonderful selection of bread and muffins. There was also freash fruit. (We had opted for a light meal instead of a traditional Southern affair.) We'll definitely be back, and next time we'll try the full breakfast.

The house is just a block from the downtown area of Christiansburg, so everything is convenient. And the Blue Ridge parkway is close by. Rocco and Barbara know the area and can make lots of recommendations for dining or activities.

Stayed May 2007

Been to Evergreen: The Bell-Capozzi House? Share your experiences!