“Inexpensive and adequate” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Super 8 Christiansburg/Blacksburg

You added Super 8 Christiansburg/Blacksburg to your Saves list
Super 8 Christiansburg/Blacksburg
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   55 Laurel Street Northeast, I-81 Exit 118, Christiansburg, VA 24073   |
Ranked #9 of 13 Hotels in Christiansburg

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Tokyo
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

Firstly, I always write to inform fellow travelers about options and compare my experiences only against local options. In this case, we stopped halfway on a long drive North. Being a Wyndham collection member, Super8's always provide very easy accommodations while on the road. We booked this hotel, asking for a King room, and arrived just after 9pm.

Upon checking in, we were asked if we truly wanted a King room, as the only one left was directly across from the front door of a loud nightclub/bar/country tavern(?) or sorts. We hesitantly said "Yes" because they had no other options above Double beds.

In what I suppose was helpful, was the level of noise the heater created, as it drowned out some of the music coming from across the parking lot. But we could hear/feel the music, well after 12am.

As a member of this hotel's parent club, I am disappointed in their offerings. I'm not above other customers, but when a hotel has a reservation for a King room, perhaps save one that's not in the absolute worst location in the entire hotel?

Their complementary breakfast was, as always, quick and available, however, the room was tiny. With three people already seated inside, there was little room even to prepare our breakfasts. On the plus side, they had cinnamon rolls!

I do believe these very economical hotels, like Super8, do a great service and job, providing a place to sleep on the cheap, but when it comes to Christiansburg/Blacksburg, you may want to consider another option.

I travel all over the world and my expectations are always adjusted to my current situation. I don't expect fancy when paying for no frills. But in this case, I was left, wide awake, past midnight, wishing we had kept driving. I've read other reviews and I know this wasn't malicious or even negligent, it just wasn't pleasant.

(Sorry, no pictures.)

Room Tip: Check in early or request a room FAR AWAY from the entrance to their neighboring bar.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Roanoke, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

My title says it all. The price is low, service, breakfast, rooms are top notch. I lived here for a month and the staff treated me like family. They will bend over backward to make your stay the best. I miss you guys!

Room Tip: I only stayed in two diff ones but there is no noise and the rooms are so comfortable and clean.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012

We were traveling with my son's dog and needed to stay at a pet friendly hotel. This was fine for that situation. We were only there for one night but found everything to be clean and fairly quiet.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Been to Super 8 Christiansburg/Blacksburg? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Super 8 Christiansburg/Blacksburg

Address: 55 Laurel Street Northeast, I-81 Exit 118, Christiansburg, VA 24073
Location: United States > Virginia > Christiansburg
Ranked #9 of 13 Hotels in Christiansburg
Hotel Class:2 star — Super 8 Christiansburg/Blacksburg 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Super 8 Christiansburg/Blacksburg reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Super 8 Christiansburg/Blacksburg Hotel Christiansburg
Super Eight Christiansburg
Christiansburg Super Eight
Christiansburg Super 8

If you own or manage Super 8 Christiansburg/Blacksburg, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.