“I'd put no stars if possible” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn Christiansburg

Save Saved
You added Days Inn Christiansburg to your Saves list
Days Inn Christiansburg
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2635 Roanoke Street, I-81 Exit 118C, Christiansburg, VA 24073   |
Ranked #12 of 13 hotels in Christiansburg
Hampton Roads, Virginia, United States
“I'd put no stars if possible”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

Such a HORRIBLE, FRUSTRATING experience. When we arrived, we were given a key to a room that was not numbered properly and when we attempted to go into the room the door would not open. The key worked(flashed green) but the lock remained in place. After an employee tried with the same result, we were told there were only smoking rooms left. We went to a room trying to keep an open mind but it smelled too strongly to even think about staying. When we went back we were told by the clerk that there was nothing he could do all other rooms were booked. When we asked if he could call a maintenance guy the answer was no; when we asked if he could contact other hotels nearby in the same franchise, he said and did nothing; when we asked about calling and speaking to a manager, the answer was no and she would be there the following morning at 7. Thoroughly annoyed at this point, we were calling hotels all around the area but since it was a Tech game weekend, they were all booked(surprise surprise). We had to travel another 39 miles to a hotel with a room. The following morning we arrived around 745 to speak with the manager but she was not there. As such, we had to leave a note and will be calling tomorrow morning. Since the clerk on Friday night could apparently do nothing at all, this included a refund so we still have a charge for two nights we were not there. This was the worst service I have ever had to experience and the whole situation was UNACCEPTABLE.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

130 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Ashburn
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

We were at the Days Inn-Christiansburg through Priceline. The experience took us through five of the seven levels of hell.

First, the motel was way overpriced because it was family weekend at Virginia Tech. A room that I can normally get for $65 was $115.

And our shower didn't work. The clerk gave me a new room key--to a room where people were sleeping. They weren't happy I woke them up, and they weren't interested in sharing their room with me.

The second key was to a room that didn't have a shower curtain. The third was to a smoking room, where, I was told, I should just shower, and they'd fix our shower while we were gone that day. (We couldn't have stayed in that room, anyway; the toilet ran constantly, very loudly!)

By the time we returned at 4 pm, the shower wasn't fixed. The clerk insisted that maintenance said they'd fixed it, and that he'd call them to find out what happened. I decided they needed to simply move us to another room.

My husband went to the front desk, and the clerk gave him a new room key. It was to the same room where people were sleeping that morning. Their stuff was still in the room, though they were not. When my husband told the clerk that someone's belongings were in the room, the clerk said, "They're still in there?"

We got a new room key to a room with a shower that worked, finally.

Never did we get an apology from the clerk, just attitude and room assignments to rooms that were occupied or otherwise unfit for staying.

I would like my money back for this trip. It was a horrible experience, and the Days Inn clerk clearly was not interested in fixing our situation in a timely manner.

Room Tip: Any room that is NOT at this Days Inn will be acceptable.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Anadarko, Oklahoma
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

We stopped in here for the night on our way from Oklahoma to Va. Beach. We had been driving all day in a Uhaul truck and was just looking for a place to sleep. That's about all this was, nothing special, rooms were kind of dirty looking and smelling, wear your socks because the carpet is rough. i chose this hotel because I had a coupon from a hotel guide that I picked up at a visitor center when I entered Tennessee. This hotel appears to be one that a company uses to keep it's workers in. A lot of trash around the place and several small BBQ grills in front of rooms, people up all night, partying, etc. Place is very loud and was a rough sleep. The front desk guy when we check in was about as helpful as someone who had just got his pink slip. But, the lobby was roomy and they had a decent continental breakfast. I wouldn't stay here again with my family, but might by myself if I was just passing through. This place looks like it's about 25 years past it's prime.

Room Tip: All rooms appeared to be rough.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Been to Days Inn Christiansburg? Share your experiences!