“How do I give this a NEGATIVE rating?” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn Christiansburg

You added Days Inn Christiansburg to your Saves list
Days Inn Christiansburg
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2635 Roanoke Street, I-81 Exit 118C, Christiansburg, VA 24073   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 25% Summer Sale
Ranked #12 of 13 Hotels in Christiansburg
Ashburn
“How do I give this a NEGATIVE rating?”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

We were at the Days Inn-Christiansburg through Priceline. The experience took us through five of the seven levels of hell.

First, the motel was way overpriced because it was family weekend at Virginia Tech. A room that I can normally get for $65 was $115.

And our shower didn't work. The clerk gave me a new room key--to a room where people were sleeping. They weren't happy I woke them up, and they weren't interested in sharing their room with me.

The second key was to a room that didn't have a shower curtain. The third was to a smoking room, where, I was told, I should just shower, and they'd fix our shower while we were gone that day. (We couldn't have stayed in that room, anyway; the toilet ran constantly, very loudly!)

By the time we returned at 4 pm, the shower wasn't fixed. The clerk insisted that maintenance said they'd fixed it, and that he'd call them to find out what happened. I decided they needed to simply move us to another room.

My husband went to the front desk, and the clerk gave him a new room key. It was to the same room where people were sleeping that morning. Their stuff was still in the room, though they were not. When my husband told the clerk that someone's belongings were in the room, the clerk said, "They're still in there?"

We got a new room key to a room with a shower that worked, finally.

Never did we get an apology from the clerk, just attitude and room assignments to rooms that were occupied or otherwise unfit for staying.

I would like my money back for this trip. It was a horrible experience, and the Days Inn clerk clearly was not interested in fixing our situation in a timely manner.

Room Tip: Any room that is NOT at this Days Inn will be acceptable.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Anadarko, Oklahoma
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

We stopped in here for the night on our way from Oklahoma to Va. Beach. We had been driving all day in a Uhaul truck and was just looking for a place to sleep. That's about all this was, nothing special, rooms were kind of dirty looking and smelling, wear your socks because the carpet is rough. i chose this hotel because I had a coupon from a hotel guide that I picked up at a visitor center when I entered Tennessee. This hotel appears to be one that a company uses to keep it's workers in. A lot of trash around the place and several small BBQ grills in front of rooms, people up all night, partying, etc. Place is very loud and was a rough sleep. The front desk guy when we check in was about as helpful as someone who had just got his pink slip. But, the lobby was roomy and they had a decent continental breakfast. I wouldn't stay here again with my family, but might by myself if I was just passing through. This place looks like it's about 25 years past it's prime.

Room Tip: All rooms appeared to be rough.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Moscow
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

it was a very old building and grounds--needs uptdates. The sheets and blankets were very old and showed LOTS of wear which made it feel uncomfortable. The room was clean and the staff friendly, but everything appeared tired and worn.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Eastchester, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

I had booked a non-smoking room. When I arrived, after an eight hour journey, was told by front desk staff that only smoking rooms available. Would have left right then, but all hotels in the area were booked due to Virginia Tech dorm move in days. Entered the room and was literally knocked down by the smell of cigarette smoke. To make matters worse, the room hadn't been renovated in, at least ten years, wallpaper hanging from the walls, pictures were water stained. Was afraid to sleep under the sheets, so slept on top all night. I got up during the night to use facilities and when I turned on the light by bathroom, a huge roach ran across the bathroom sink. Never mind how filthy the bathroom was. I am home now for three days and my airways are still clogged with the smell of smoke. Totally disgusting!!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Christiansburg
Quality Inn Christiansburg
3.5 of 5 stars 159 reviews
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Christiansburg
Holiday Inn Christiansburg Blacksburg
Fairfield Inn & Suites Christiansburg

Been to Days Inn Christiansburg? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Days Inn Christiansburg

Address: 2635 Roanoke Street, I-81 Exit 118C, Christiansburg, VA 24073
Location: United States > Virginia > Christiansburg
Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities ( Kid / Family Friendly ) Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Room Service Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #12 of 13 Hotels in Christiansburg
Hotel Class:2 star — Days Inn Christiansburg 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Days Inn Christiansburg reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Christiansburg Days Inn

If you own or manage Days Inn Christiansburg, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.