“Not that Bad” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn Christiansburg

You added Days Inn Christiansburg to your Saves list
Days Inn Christiansburg
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2635 Roanoke Street, I-81 Exit 118C, Christiansburg, VA 24073   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #12 of 13 Hotels in Christiansburg
Grasonville, MD
“Not that Bad”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

I had waited too late (last summer) to book a room for last weekend's Virginia Tech graduation, and this Day's Inn was one of the few choices left. I grabbed it because it was by far the closest to the VT campus of my other options, and, of course, in keeping with the practice of all of the hotels in that area for bookings for big college events, such as graduation and football games, rates were tripled, the booking required prepayment and was nonrefundable. Later after reading all of the other reviews, I was panicked about what I had gotten myself into and worried about what we going to find when we got there. I do have to say, that it wasn't all that bad. The room was reasonably clean, beds and sheets were clean (and believe me we checked) and comfortable, there were no problems with the bathroom and sink area, water pressure and temperature were fine. The furniture seemed to be pretty new. The only problem was that the first 2 nights, the person upstairs woke up at 5 am and preceded to walk around, shower, etc. which woke us up. Bottom line, this is an old budget motel. It is not the Hilton or the Marriott - and it would have cost me twice as much if I had been able to get a booking in one of those hotels. So I saved a couple hundred bucks. We weren't vacationing in the room, and it certainly served our needs without problem. Also, the front desk staff, Chris and Karen, were friendly and polite and went out of their way to be helpful. The cleaning staff were also friendly and polite.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Yorktown, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

This Days Inn sucks. The rooms were filthy. Very arrogant and obnoxious people LIVE there and curse/drink/smoke all night long and keep you awake unless you turn on the cold air conditioning. They tried to rip us off by charging us almost 200 dollars a night but we were quoted 125 dollars a night. People were sleeping in their cars instead of their rooms. The employees try to send you to occupied rooms. The electrical outlets are dangerously loose. If this place ever had a health/cleanliness inspection, it would probably have to be remodeled immediately or closed down.

Room Tip: Don't even come here.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Been to Days Inn Christiansburg? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Days Inn Christiansburg

Address: 2635 Roanoke Street, I-81 Exit 118C, Christiansburg, VA 24073
Location: United States > Virginia > Christiansburg
Ranked #12 of 13 Hotels in Christiansburg
Hotel Class:2 star — Days Inn Christiansburg 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Wyndham, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo and TripOnline SA so you can book your Days Inn Christiansburg reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Christiansburg Days Inn

If you own or manage Days Inn Christiansburg, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.