“good” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn Christiansburg

You added Days Inn Christiansburg to your Saves list
Days Inn Christiansburg
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2635 Roanoke Street, I-81 Exit 118C, Christiansburg, VA 24073   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #12 of 13 Hotels in Christiansburg
Columbia, South Carolina
“good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

I had been on a business trip and had not planned on staying over but i did. The girl working the front desk at check in was very helpful and pleasant. The entire staff was one of the most friendliest staffs i had ever encountered at a hotel. You can tell the hotel is an older hotel but the accomadations were great. The pool was nice. The rooms a little smaller then some of the newer hotels but it was clean and efficient enough. It was great for the rate. I would definately stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Newfoundland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012 via mobile

This is the dirtiest most run down hotel I have ever to stay in. We were driving for 15 hours straight and it was late at night and all the other hotels was booked up. If I had know how dirty and run down this place is I would have slept in my truck or drove another hour or so to the next town to find a hotel. The rooms were grimy dirty, cigarette burns and stains all over the bed sheets. Dirty tissues on the bathroom floors and in the tub

• Stayed July 2012
o
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

On my way to North Carolina and need to stay overnight. I didn't check on trip advisor. First we went to Quanlity Inn. They said they were full except smoking room. They recommended us to go to Econo because Days Inn's price is "higher"... We went to Days Inn and smelled fine and booked a room. The room was OK. The bathroom was old and out of tissue. My husband complained the toilet seat wouldn't stand up and he had to hold on it. The air condition was working but noise.
The next day we went for free breakfast. It was inside the reception area. It was dark and felt cold. The food didn't look good. I made a waffle and there was only small plate to hold it. I put it on the table and my waffle touched the surface of table. If possible, I will try out for another one.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012 via mobile

Nasty, moldy shower curtain. Holes in sheets. Mad I had my baby in this room.

• Stayed July 2012
Purcellville, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2012

Like the previous reviewer - we were in town for the VT graduation. Days Inn chose to DOUBLE the rates - we paid $171 a night each - for 3 rooms - for two nights stay. That's not a typo - $171 a night for a Days Inn!

All 3 rooms had issues. The first room - the door didn't lock - so they moved us. The second room - tub didn't drain and dripped constantly. Sink dripped constantly. Mold in the bathroom. Clothes rack was falling out of the wall. The kicker - the second day - the room wasn't even serviced by the hotel staff. Our third room - on the second - the hotel staff left the room door wide open when they were finished.

When I complained to management - I was given a $25 dollar reduction, per room, per night. Seriously???? The rate we paid was DOUBLE the normal rate - each room had issues - the general state of the motel is run down and dated - and the fact that we luckily didn't have to file a police report for stolen property - appears to have been completely lost on the owner!

Hotels can be tough to come by in Blacksburg area for big events. Word of advice - there was a reason this one was available (I booked a year in advance - and it was all that was available) - skip it and go to Roanoke.....

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Carmel, Indiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2012

We came for the graduation ceremony at Virginia Tech in 2012. Normally, this period of year all hotels in Blacksburg, Roanoke, Christiansburg and Radford are booked in advance. We booked a room in Day's Inn Christiansburg and payed almost $110 per night. When we checked in, the room was not cleaned: we found human hair in the bed, carpet was not vacuumed, it smelled terrible, there was not phone in the room. Next day, they brought two pre-historic phones and none of them worked. I gave up on phones. In the afternoon toilet was broken, it took couple of hours for them to fix it. Then suddenly water was cut off. When I asked what was wrong with water, they told me that they do maintenance and after one hour water will be supplied again. I could not keep up with this situation and called to corporate management of Days Inn. I do not know how my compain will be resolved but I have never had such a terrible stay....

Room Tip: No fitness room,
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Manasquan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2012

First impression was at the check-in desk - the women were extremely friendly and helpful and we wer checked in within minutes. They did explain that the hotel is under-going renovations so the attached restaurant and several rooms were in the process as we saw. The rates (especially for truckers) was fantastic being under $50 for the evening. Rates will change if any major activities are going on in the area so call ahead. Our room was as usual, the norm - clean beds, clean bathroom, mini fridge, micro wave, coffee maker, safe, ironing board, hair dryer. A few minor blemishes that weren't of any major concern. Quiet, off the main drag, clean, truck parking, a Cracker Barrel, Denny's and convenience store/gas station within walking distance. And pet friendly with a small fee. Highly recommended and satisfied with this Day's Inn.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business

Been to Days Inn Christiansburg? Share your experiences!