“Clean and neat, good price” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #10 of 13 hotels in Christiansburg
Moriches, Ny
“Clean and neat, good price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014

A good nights stay in a comfortable bed, in a clean room, with good internet, and plenty of hot shower water. For a good price! The manager helped me out by printing a doc I needed from a fwd'd email!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

49 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Middletown
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014

The hotel was fine for the price. They didn't promise fancy, and we didn't expect it. They provided clean sheets, friendly people, and good coffee. The room was clean and did not smell. Beds were comfortable.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Lake Lure, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

I stayed in this motel on October 8, 2013, room 121. After checking in at 8 pm, I laid down to sleep. Around 1am I woke up with bites all over me! Tiny black specks were on the top sheet. I first tried to phone the office, using the room phone. The phone had so much static I could faintly hear a ringing, let it ring a long time, no answer. I got dressed and walked to the office; I told the clerk about the bites and even showed the ones on my arms. His response was basically “people who stay in these rooms bring bed bugs in and there is nothing we can do”. My response to that was of course; “wrong answer, unless this is a self service motel, it is simply your responsibility to insure your beds are not infested with bugs or fleas, plain and simple”. I was given another room.
I could not sleep after being bitten, bites were welting. I went to the front desk at 6am and asked for a receipt and asked to see the manager. I was told the manager is the owner, Kabir Uddin, and that he was out of town.
I made contact with the owner the following Friday by phone. His response was simply amazing. He said he had heard of my complaint and he had PERSONALLY checked the room for bed bugs and found nothing to support my claim. When asked what qualifies him to inspect, he simply said he knows what to look for. Then he said “therefore I do not believe this happened”. I was shocked to hear that! I told him that I was not trying to get a refund, only to let him know of the problem. He was rude and defiant.
I assured him I was reporting this to the County Health Department. I did file the complaint with the Count Health Inspector. I strongly advise anyone reading this; do not take the risk of staying at this motel. All this motel owner had to do was to accept responsibility and tell me he would make sure the problem of bed bugs were addressed, but he refused to do even that. DO NOT CONSIDER STAYING AT THIS ECONO LODGE IN CHRISTIANSBURG, VIRGINIA!!!!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Beaver Springs
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

9/17/2013, Very nice econolodge; great guy at check in, room was clean and bed very comfortable; problem with local TV channels so had to watch program I wanted to see on TV in lobby, no problem doing this. Donuts great for breakfast.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Roanoke, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

We stayed here last night and very happy with this clean room. The lobby was nice for a Econo lodge and person at the front desk was nice too. Clean bathroom, clean bed and the overall stay was good. Price for the room was reasonable. Location of this hotel is very convenient. We stayed here before and we will stay here again.

Room Tip: Don't just read reviews it is misleading some times. Check yourself. Ask for changing a room , y...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

Clean motel for cheap. We paid about $ 58 and it was as good as quality inn or sleep inn. Breakfast had few items. House keeping done a good job. Front desk person was very helpfull. Hotel is right off the exit and easy to locate. I would recommend this hotel how look for value.

• Stayed August 2013

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!