“Comfortable” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 13 hotels in Christiansburg
Norfolk, Virginia
“Comfortable”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

Room was clean & comfy. Housekeeper, Sandy, found a coffee pot for our room. The wi-fi was a little wonky. The floor lamp bulb was burned out, one bedside lamp had no place to plug in. The breakfast "claim to fame" is 3 kinds of Krispy Kreme donuts. No eggs, no fruit, only one kind of bread and a small toaster.

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

46 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Annandale, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

We were here for an event and stayed three nights. My room was clean, the bed was comfy, the bathroom redone. Can't complain. It looks like the bad reviews, and there are a lot, are old. Maybe it changed management? I don't know but I would stay again.

• Stayed March 2013
Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

Our room was very clean and fresh smelling, the bed was comfortable, and they put us in the back building that was designated for pet owners. There is a large, grassy field behind the hotel that was great for walking our dog. The continental breakfast provided hot and cold cereal, choices of juice, a variety of breads and pastries, and very good coffee. The desk staff could not have been more accommodating. By using my Choice Hotels and AAA memberships, the room was extremely affordable.

Room Tip: Select back building if you have a pet.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Placentia, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

It's old and nasty. Poorly maintained. And an overall ripoff. The next town is not much farther, keep going.If for some unfortunate reason you do end up here the mexican food down the street is pretty good.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Wardensville, WV
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

We were in the area attending a high school football game, and decided to spend the night. We went in with a coupon from the visiting center. We were greeted with the "we can't honor this coupon, Virginia Tech has a home football game tomorrow....(Although the hotel was half empty.....and VT was playing Austin Peay!!!!!). So the $40.00 coupon shot up to $80.00 even when they honored AAA. The front desk gentleman was very nice, but we were greeted by another individual who saw our West Virginia plates on the car and said we "had no business there." Anyway, concerning the room.....the mattress was very thin, you could almost feel the box spring under your body. The sundries in the bathroom were almost nonexistant. The air conditioning was excellent. We did not use the swimming pool because the water was brown. The continental breakfast was very sparse...cereal, instant oatmeal, doughnuts, orange juice. The internet service was so slow I gave up. The maid was extremely nice and, in spite of everything, we left a tip. To be honest, I probably will never be in the Chistiansburg area again, but if I am, I will not stay here.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Middle River, Maryland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

I stayed about 8 hours just some sleep and "eat??" on a cross country business trip, Saw it off highway and was tired, It was a bit over priced at 85 a night cash, when they handed me the key card they said "O we open that door for you because it is really tricky to open" And I was like WHAT??? they had already charged the Credit card by that time. So i was like OK whatever,
The inside of this room looked dirty and carpet was like lifeless, and the room smelled terrible and try as i might the shades would not close all the way to block out the tons of lights out side it was a little after 1 am at the time.
The eat the next morning was awful the Continental breakfast consisted of hot coffee and a doughnut , and when i asked the person at the front desk where was the rest of it he said "it all gone" to wich I replied "its 7:45 in the morning wtf did you buy to waffles and call it a day"
As far as Choice hotel chain goes this is by far the worst one i have ever stayed in.

Room Tip: stay away from here
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Atlanta, GA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

Pretty nasty place really. Sorry, but that's my gut feeling. But what really bothers me is that when I think of the place we stayed the nights before (Radisson, Carteret, NJ) for only about $10 more/night than this fleabag I just cringe.

Now, I'm not saying it's the worst ever hotel I've stayed in. It is tolerable, we slept and had no nasty shocks or anything. But it's really not a good place to stay. However, the area around the hotel is not bad at all. Kinda generic interstate-exit area and walking distance to a Waffle House and near a Ruby Tuesdays. I won't say much more - they were able to accomodate 3 roooms for us and no one really HATED it, but we were happy to leave too. I didn't have reservations as I was trying to go as far as possible that day and this exit happened to also be near VT that we wanted to visit so it sufficed. At, say 50/night it would be about right I guess and the area isn't dangerous or anything like that. But expect a fleabag-style old hotel (with a nice lobby! If only we could stay in the lobby!)

Room Tip: Here's a tip to help travelers choose a good room: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!