“Great hotel, I've already booked another stay!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #7 of 13 hotels in Christiansburg
Sterling, Virginia
“Great hotel, I've already booked another stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2010

Great place! Clean rooms, helpful staff and a good night's sleep (nice quiet room). My son and I stayed at the Quality Inn on a visit to a local college. We liked it so much we have booked the whole family in for our Thanksgiving travel. Waffles and gravy and biscuits were hot and delicious. Bathroom a little dated, but clean and functional with plenty of towels.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family

142 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Woodlawn, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2010

Very clean room. We were in the back & it was quite. The place was well lit and in a great location close to Interstate.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Greenville, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2010

It's not always easy finding a dog-friendly hotel that is clean and comfortable, but this one really is. There are two buildings at this hotel, and those with pets are in one building and those without are in the other building (or at least that's the way it appears). Next to the building for pets is a large open field so I could play ball with my dog after a long day of driving and not worry about her being near the road, etc.

The staff could not have been nicer. The amenities are great, including free wireless, free cookies upon check in, free breakfast, etc etc etc. Everything was clean and in great condition, not always typical of places that allow pets.

I highly recommend it! Book online to make sure you get the points (available only to online bookings) and after a few nights at affiliated hotels, you'll get a free night's stay.

The management of this hotel "gets it" and you know they really care about a quality experience rather than simply doing just enough to get by.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled solo
Sterling
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2010

I was only in town for one night so I chose the Quality Inn because 1.) It was the #2 rated hotel in town on Tripadvisor and 2.) they were offering a $70 per night room rate. Because of the tripadvisor rating my expectations were high and I was not disappointed. I actually arrived very early in the morning and after a four hour drive was hoping for an early check in. A King non-smoking had just been cleaned so they were happy to accommodate my request without giving me a lot of grief. The room was spacious and comfortable and even though it had just been cleaned the head of housekeeping knocked on my door just to inspect before I got too settled. I like that kind of attention to detail. The bathroom was spotless and even though there were two boys baseball teams staying there it was very quiet and I was able to get a good nights sleep.

The hotel is on the interstate and not in the heart of town so that may be a consideration for some travelers but I found that the events that I was attending with the Dixie Boys world series, the mall and most restaurants were only about five minutes away. They do offer breakfast and afternoon cookies. Plus, there is a Cracker Barrel right next door and a few fast food options about a block away for more dining options.

The dogs were not with me on this trip but it was great to see many travelers with pets enjoying the well mowed and cared for exercise area. That's always a plus in my book.

Stayed July 2010, traveled solo
New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2010

I stayed at this location over 20 years ago when it was a Hampton Inn. As I planned my trip this year I noticed it now was a Quality Inn and being a Choice Privileges member I used my bonus points for one night. (Let me say even if I didnt have the points I would of stayed anyway). I also like the fact a Cracker Barrel is adjacent. The girl at the front desk was super friendly and per my request I had a room on the 2nd floor away from the pool. The room was very clean, the internet was fast and had the usual 70+ cable channels. I know from my travels that Quality Inn's cannot be trusted, but since I knew this was a former Hampton exterior property it was built using concrete which means quiet. The only noise of course is children running past the room. Breakfast was great, they had both hot & cold food and all the employees seemed to love what they were doing.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled solo
Etowah,NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2010

Being a Choice Privileges member, we decided to cash in a reward night at this hotel. They gave us a wonderful room, good service, great breakfast and all for no $$$. We have used our points for free nights at other places and had less than satisfactory experiences as in least favored rooms, etc. Not the Quality Inn in Christiansburg! They treat you the same way as they would if you were paying full price. The hotel/motel is also in a great spot for the traveler on Rt 81 south or north. Easy on and off!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Beverly Hills, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2010

Perfect location, hotel was convenient, clean and neat, staff was cheerful and courteous. Having a Cracker Barrel next door is a plus in my opinion. I would definitely recommend this hotel and would stay there again.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business

Been to Quality Inn Christiansburg? Share your experiences!