“Quality is #1” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 13 Hotels in Christiansburg
New Jersey
“Quality is #1”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2010

I stayed at this location over 20 years ago when it was a Hampton Inn. As I planned my trip this year I noticed it now was a Quality Inn and being a Choice Privileges member I used my bonus points for one night. (Let me say even if I didnt have the points I would of stayed anyway). I also like the fact a Cracker Barrel is adjacent. The girl at the front desk was super friendly and per my request I had a room on the 2nd floor away from the pool. The room was very clean, the internet was fast and had the usual 70+ cable channels. I know from my travels that Quality Inn's cannot be trusted, but since I knew this was a former Hampton exterior property it was built using concrete which means quiet. The only noise of course is children running past the room. Breakfast was great, they had both hot & cold food and all the employees seemed to love what they were doing.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Etowah,NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2010

Being a Choice Privileges member, we decided to cash in a reward night at this hotel. They gave us a wonderful room, good service, great breakfast and all for no $$$. We have used our points for free nights at other places and had less than satisfactory experiences as in least favored rooms, etc. Not the Quality Inn in Christiansburg! They treat you the same way as they would if you were paying full price. The hotel/motel is also in a great spot for the traveler on Rt 81 south or north. Easy on and off!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Beverly Hills, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2010

Perfect location, hotel was convenient, clean and neat, staff was cheerful and courteous. Having a Cracker Barrel next door is a plus in my opinion. I would definitely recommend this hotel and would stay there again.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
Charlottesville, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2010

We usually do weekend trips to Blacksburg to be near our son and the VT campus. But this was a quick end-of-year pick-up, so we didn't need luxury nor did we want to pay the price for the sake of convenience. Just a place to lay our heads.

The Quality Inn in Christiansburg is right off I-81, is next door to Cracker Barrel, and has very reasonable AARP rates (including tax, etc: $70 per night). The bed slept well and the accessibility was good (handicap parking right outside our door). LOVED the pillows! I can't stand having to test every pillow to find the right one (which I always have to do at the big-name chains). Gotta find out who makes those!

The bathroom was very accessible and relatively clean. But the walls needed a good wipe down (or new wallpaper) and there were holes where a towel rack used to be. New carpet (or at least a good cleaning) would give the room a bit of a lift.

Staff was first rate! Very courteous and helpful.

And we were most happy with the big screen TV and free WiFi! Didn't miss any NBA playoff action or important e-mails. Sweet!

Who knows. If they get a face lift, maybe we'll be back for football season.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Fredericton
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2010

We were treated very well by the staff, providing us with information about the local area
and travel tips for the remainder of our trip.
Our room was comfortable and very clean.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Franklin, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2010

Having had brake problems 2 miles from Exit 118 C in Christiansburg, Va. turned out not to be all bad. We spent the next 36 hours at the Quality Inn while our vehicle was being repaired. First, the staff helped us find the local Dodge dealer which was such a big help. Then he showed us to our room which was very, very clean and comfortable. The next two mornings we were treated to the best breakfast offered by any motel we have stayed at. And the breakfast hostess was absolutely super. Thanks to everyone at the Quality Inn in Christiansburg, VA for making our visit so enjoyable. Nancy and Jim Smith

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
Reading, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2010

We travel Interstate 81 to visit our daughter and her family in Wise, Va. WE normally stay in Wytheville, but becasue of a NAscar Race that weekend, all the motels in the area were over priced.

We chose the Quality Inn primarily for its location. aWE were very pleased with the service and the quality of the room. Everyone was extremely friendly and helpful.

It will be on our list for the next time we visit ourt daughter.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Quality Inn Christiansburg? Share your experiences!