“Drip, drip, drip... Not worth it” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #7 of 13 hotels in Christiansburg
Washington, DC
“Drip, drip, drip... Not worth it”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2009

My partner and I stayed here on a recent trip to see Va Tech beat Nebraska (Go Hokies!). We weren't expecting a great deal of amenities, but there are a few basics that any hotel/motel should provide. The water pressure was virtually non-existent in the shower. And I don't mean that it was merely a light flow. Literally one stream of water came out of the shower head. It took nearly 5 minutes just to get wet! For $150 a night, I at least expected I could take a nice, hot shower, especially after driving 5 hours from DC.

We informed the front desk, and they assured us that this would be fixed. It was not fixed during the duration of our stay.

The room overall was decently sized, and the bed was moderately comfortable, no complaints there. What was problematic was the fact that the door to the room didn't close easily. You had to really pull it shut in order to make sure it was locked. It didn't leave us with a great sense of security since the rooms open up to the outside, motel-style. The TV was also purported to be new, but was just a CRT flat screen that was probably bought wholesale circa 1999. I wasn't expecting a HDTV necessarily, but I thought it was funny to upgrade equipment with tv's that pretty much obsolete.

The staff also really seemed to lack any knowledge about the surrounding area. We asked for dining recommendations, and the front desk had nothing to offer. The front desk was pretty dismissive at check out as well, when I informed them that the shower STILL wasn't fixed. Rather than "I am so sorry," it was just "OK, I'll let the manager know." You should also know that if you are stuck with a smoking room like we were, it smells, regardless of what they tell you.

I guess it's a seller's market during football season, and they can charge what the market bears. I was just let down by the experience. I wish I would have paid more to stay at a nicer hotel.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple

136 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2009

Checked in at night and there were warm cookies available in the lobby, along with a choice of hot chocolate, cappuccino or milk. What a welcome! Room was clean. Could hear the traffic from I-81 which is right next to the motel. If you're a city dweller it shouldn't bother you. If you're used to hearing nothing but crickets it could be a bother until you fall asleep. Better breakfasts than most motels - sausage, scrambled eggs and croissants in addition to the usual waffles. Two attendants helping with breakfast. Staff was friendly. Room rate was a little high, but there was a NASCAR race at nearby Bristol, and I think it was move-in weekend at area colleges, so all motels in the area had raised their rates.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Upstate, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2009

Stayed here for one night August 7, 2009 on way to Tennessee from Upstate NY. I always trust Trip Advisor before I book anywhere and again, they were spot on! Exterior corridor rooms. We booked the King bed room. Comfy bed with lots of pillows!! Seeing as how it was almost 2am when we arrived, clerk checked us in very fast so we could get to our room. Had a little trouble with the key card getting into room but front desk clerk immediately came up to assist us. Room was clean. Cracker Barrel right on same grounds so you can eat and get back on I-81 in a very short period of time. Usually you cannot go wrong staying at a place near a Cracker Barrel. :-) I am a little weary of exterior corridor hotels but this one was very nice. As I said, we checked in very late and felt very safe. Plenty of decent looking vehicles in parking lot. Very quiet. Desk clerk told us they had an extended breakfast in the morning on weekends with bisquits and gravy, bagels, cereals, etc. but honestly we didn't even think of getting up after getting to bed after 2am. All in all, if you are looking for a one night stopover just for resting purposes on your way somewhere, this is highly recommended.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Disney World, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2009

We were travelling to Tennessee and we were looking for a stop for 1 night so we stopped here in Christiansburg and we sure loved our stay.
Rooms are wide,clean with fridge-microwave and 2 big beds for an affordable rates.
Continental breakfast for free,not so good but enough for a snack
I loved the swimming pool and the wirhpool.
I sure raccomand it and if i 'll return in that place i'll choose QUALITY INN..

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
Long Island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2009

Stopped here on our way to Nashville for a convention, enjoyed our stay so much we stopped again on the way back. Cookies in the lounge in the evening were a nice touch. Very good breakfast as well (make your own waffles if you like). Enjoyed our stays here. Also enjoyed the Cracker Barrel restaurant close by across the parking lot.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2009

I booked this hotel using "choicehotels.com" and then called the property to inform them that we are staying to celebrate our 17th Wedding Anniversary. When we got to the hotel, the gentleman that checked us in said "there's something waiting for you in the room from our manager". We got to the room and there was champagne on ice arranged beautifully with glasses and confetti. There was also an anniversary card with a $30 gift certificate to Texas Roadhouse. This was a very pleasant surprise - I don't think they even blocked the rooms on each side of us for privacy! I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone - we'll be back.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
woodbridge, va
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2009

The staff was very friendly and the rooms were clean and comfortable. Beds and pillows were comfortable also. The cookies each evening are the bomb!!!!!!!!! The waffles at breakfast were great. The biscuits and gravy were very good as well. Staff did and excellent job of keeping the breakfast area stocked and helped prepare the waffles. We stopped at this hotel on our way to Hickory NC (Furniture shopping) and my wife accidentally left here pillow at the hotel. On our way home, we spent the night at this hotel again, mostly because the cookies are so good, and staff graciously returned my wife's lost pillow.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Quality Inn Christiansburg? Share your experiences!