“Awful!!!!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 13 hotels in Christiansburg
Front Royal, Virginia
“Awful!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

We booked this room through Orbitz. We were going to visit my daughter for parents weekend at Tech. We couldn't find any other room. After arriving we were disgusted by the smell and sprayed the entire room with Febreeze. I pulled the mattress up because I wanted to see if there were any traces of bed bugs and was disgusted by what I found. They actually had a banner outside that said Gold Award. I would love to know who gave them this award. I stayed here once before and it wasn't this bad. I had booked the room for 2 nights but needless to say I cancelled and went to the Hilton Garden Inn which was like a palace compared to this place.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

136 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Frostburg, Maryland, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

The hotel is right off the interstate. It is in a good location with plenty to do nearby. Check in was okay. The same guy who checked me in at 9pm was also there working again at 9am. I feel sorry for the poor guy. I got the keys to my room and the door was locked from the inside. The front desk guy couldn't leave to investigate this, so he just gave me another room.
Before I go any further, I want to point out that Choice Hotels will never be able to compete with Hilton Hotels (their top competitor) unless they stop allowing hotel with outside entrances. I felt like I was staying at a motel instead of a Quality Inn hotel.
Anywho, the new key worked for this door. I noticed that they had smoking and nonsmoking room all lumped together and not at a different section of the hotel. It was pretty much two smoking rooms, then two nonsmoking rooms, then two smoking rooms again, etc. This makes the nonsmoking rooms smell like smoking rooms. Plus, other guests are smoking right outside since it is all outside entrances. The room was okay. The bed was very firm, not really how I liked it. I mainly slept in the recliner in the room since it was more comfortable than the bed. The room size is nice though and the way they folded towels in the room was cute. Breakfast was a standard continental breakfast with a waffle maker. Check out was good. I give my stay a 6/10 overall.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Chesterfield, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

Three of us stayed for a few nights on a recent business trip for a home and garden show at the local recreation center and were pleasantly surprised. My roommate and I were lucky enough to have acquired a room with a microwave, while our female coworker was not (we shared). The lobby and rooms were definitely clean with a decent breakfast, even hard-boiled eggs, belgian waffles, cereal, etc., and it's nice they have the coffee, juice, and milk available all night. Also is a 24hr Denny's directly across the road if you need it. The lady working the front desk, Donna, was awesome - very helpful, pleasant, and she also just happened to be cute (I know, this was a BUSINESS trip!). The older woman serving breakfast in the morning was a hoot - we privately referred to her as "The Waffle Nazi" because she won't let you near the irons - she has to cook them for you, which was fine by us! I will gladly recommend this place to any travelers passing through Christiansburg.

Room Tip: We stayed in 220 and 222 which were both quiet. I always prefer the 2nd floor when accessing rooms...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Culpeper, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

When visiting Blacksburg, VA and seeing that my employee discount gave me the best rate at a Quality Inn I thought for sure I'd regret it, but kept telling myself 'It'll only be for one night'. Pulling up they hung their banner proud that they'd earned the Gold Award for 2012. That was my first good sign. Walking into the lobby, the front desk agent was incredibly nice (Donna, I think?) and it looked very clean and fancy. The NK I stayed in was very nice. Bed wasn't the most comfortable (not a fan of a firm mattress), but overall everything was clean, and though I always travel with Lysol, I felt safe enough to get under the sheets. Not to soil the Quality Inn brand name, but they aren't all this nice. I will definitely choose to stay here again and again! And even though the housekeepers were a half hour early knocking at the door, I thank them for waking me up! I would have slept right through my check-out otherwise. *Wish the room had a microwave, but glad for the refrigerator.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Placentia, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

Looks a little old and dated. But inside the rooms were nice. Seems ae though they remodeled recently. They were nothing fancy but a nice quiet relaxing stay. They are pet friendly and there is a nice field in the back to let your dog run.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Shelby, Montana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

The motel has a nice lobby with plenty of seating for breakfast in an area set aside for that. The desk clerk was very courteous and helpful. Rooms are accessed from the outside which I prefer but some people like the added security of rooms opening into a central hallway. The room was very clean and in good repair. The motel sets back away from the highway and we were on the very end away from the highway so it was very quite. The breakfast buffet was nothing to brag about but was ok with lots of the typical cheap breads and sweets, juice, coffee, waffles and so on. At $68 this Quality Inn was a little more expensive than most we have stayed in but was nicer also so it was worth the money. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: The area is quite but if you a room away from the road it is even quieter.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Quality Inn Christiansburg? Share your experiences!