“Great new addition to Chincoteague restaurant scene!” 5 of 5 stars

+1 757-990-2069
Website
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Takeout
Description: A Unique boardwalk Setting carved out between two Historical buildings that connects the town parking and Main Street on Chincoteague is not where you would expect to find .... Authentic Mexican Street Food. We Use Certified Angus Beef in our Carne Asada. Our Chile Verde marinated Pork is slow smoked with applewood and the Pollo (chicken) is perfectly seasoned with traditional spices. We proudly serve our Authentic Baja Style Fish Tacos with Mahi Mahi. Tacos, Burritos, Churros and our Special Chimi-Cheesecake.... It's a lot coming out of our small Trailer
Rocky Hill, Connecticut, United States
“Great new addition to Chincoteague restaurant scene!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2014

I've been coming to Chincoteague since I was 12 and although I enjoy traditional seafood, it's nice to have other options. My boyfriend and I tried a little of everything including the churros which was only 99 cents and yummy. As I read in other posts, the carne asada fries were the standout but the carne asada taco, fish taco and chicken burrito were good too. We only waited about 10 min for our food and it came out very hot so wait time probably all depends on when you come. It's nice to have this new food option on the island.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Geno_RUYA, Owner at Right Up Your Alley, responded to this review, August 29, 2014
Thank you so much for your time spent visiting and reviewing us. Sounds like your broad sampling pretty much covered the menu. Glad to hear we met your expectations. Thanks for giving us a thumbs up and we look forward to your return.

V/R

New Jersey
“Yummy Food Truck”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2014

Visited this new food offering with my daughter for dinner. The alley location was really cute, and the music piped in was fun - island-y. The staff was friendly and helpful with suggestions about their food.

We enjoyed both the carne asada fries and the carne asada burrito. Yummy, with a sour cream and guacamole as condiments served.

A nice, alternative dining option in Chincoteague. Recommend!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Thank you for sharing your views with us. We're happy you enjoyed your meal and appreciate your business and recommendation. Enjoy your stay on Chincoteague.

Regards,

North East, Maryland, Usa
“BUMMER!!!!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2014

This was our second time at this food truck and we were really excited to try some more fish tacos. :( totally different!!! Inconsistent food is not a good thing. Something was obviously missing. Plus, we had to wait 25 minutes for one fish taco and one quesadilla. The food wasn't even hot when we picked it up. I was very disappointed that salsa is an extra charge. Would I recommend Right Up Your Alley? Yes, only because it's something new & different & right in town. Will I be returning? Nope.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Geno_RUYA, Owner at Right Up Your Alley, responded to this review, August 28, 2014
This is indeed a bummer!!! We exhort daily, the necessity to serve consistent products every single order. Obviously your first visit was pleasant in that you returned a second time resulting in this disappointment. Your candid review has brought to light a situation I was unaware of and I thank you for that.

Corrective action will be dispensed immediately. Thank you for taking the time to point out issues to be addressed so that our other patrons may have a much better experience.
A TripAdvisor Member
“ Carne asada fries! ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2014

Oh my goodness these were delicious! Portion was ridiculously huge perfect to share. Chicken taco was good. My boyfriend swore the mahi mahi was frozen and not fresh who knows I don't see any difference. But for the price you can't really beat it. Would definitely go back on another trip to chincoteague

Geno_RUYA, Owner at Right Up Your Alley, responded to this review, August 27, 2014
Thank you for your time and review. The Carne Asada Fries ARE perfect for sharing. Especially around football season (hint hint).

Regards,

Harleysville, Pennsylvania
“A real treat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2014

it was a real treat to find this food truck with authentic mexican food operating along main street! I had a chcken burrito and have to say it was the best I've ever had! They've set up a boarwalk style area with benches and umbrellas as well as table areas along the wall for standing to eat. The food is fresh and in an area where most restaurants are serving seafood, burgers, steak, this is a great find for something different! I wish them the best!!!!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Thank you for posting your review of your visit with us. We're happy your pleased with our little niche.

V/R