My husband, sister, nephew, our two dogs and I, on our way to the Outer Banks for a week, decided to make a half-way stop at Chincoteague Island. Although we found the island charming enough for our one night stay we would have preferred camping on the beach to our stay at the "Quality" Inn. Quality Inn - I've never heard a more ironic name considering the outrageous price we paid for a disgustingly dirty room, rude service and a room/hotel that was substandard in every way. A pet friendly room with two queen beds was $250 -for this price we got towels that were so dirty that there were large pieces of food and other goo attached to them, the tub was caked with dirt and as a bonus the previous hotel guest's earring was left on the bathtub ledge. There was hair in the sink, the rug hadn't been vacuumed in quite some time and the covers and sheets on the bed were dirty. The T.V. looked like it had been used as an ashtray for several years with burn holes around it and the room smelled of mold. My husband and nephew arrived at the hotel first and they complained to the front desk. The man from the front desk came to our room and amazingly proclaimed to my husband and nephew that the room was indeed clean and I guess he was also inferring that my husband & nephew were hallucinating instead of truly seeing actual filth before their eyes. My sister and I drove up to the hotel just in time to see the front desk guy beat a hasty retreat from our room. We noticed that both my husband and nephew looked upset. My husband said,"I don't think you're going to like this room. I complained but the guy won't do anything about it." My sister and I looked around the room, were outraged and went to the front desk. We were greeted by the same man we saw leaving our room when we drove up and when we complained to him about our room he actually had the guts to say,"I checked your room and it's clean." This guy should play professional poker for a living. I told him that he must not have very good eye sight because the place was so egregiously dirty that I planned to put the pictures of our health hazard of a room up on TripAdvisor as a warning to future travelers to avoid this "Quality" Inn like the plague. That finally got him moving. So instead of starting my vacation sightseeing or laying on the beach, I spent the next hour supervising the cleaning of the bathroom, the vacuuming of the floor, helping with making the beds with clean covers and sheets (after I discarded several "clean" blankets and sheets that the maid brought in that actually had dirt and grass clinging on them). We will never forget the worst way we ever spent $250 and will never ever stay at another Quality Inn. Perhaps other Quality Inns do not deserve to be lumped in with this dump but there is obviously no quality control going on in this chain of hotels which makes the name brand completely useless.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rodeway Inn, a hotel in Chincoteague VA near Assateague Island National SeashoreIdeally located in the center of town, the Rodeway Inn® hotel offers easy access to many exciting things to do and see. This Chincoteague, VA hotel is close to the Oyster and Maritime Museum, the Chincoteague National Wildlife Refuge, the Assateague Lighthouse and the NASA Visitor Center, Wallops Flight Facility. Assateague Island National Seashore is an amazing destination, offering pristine beaches and plenty of activities like swimming, surfing, shell collecting, biking, hiking, fishing and much more. During your visit, keep your eyes peeled for some of the island's beautiful wild horses. You won't know what to do first in this charming, seaside town: rent a bicycle, scooter or boat, or take a stroll through town and enjoy the many specialty shops, art galleries and restaurants. The local seasonal Island Trolley offers transportation around the area and is easily accessible from the hotel. This Chincoteague, VA hotel offers fabulous amenities and features, including: •Free continental breakfast with hot items & free coffee •Free wireless high-speed Internet access •Free local calls •Seasonal outdoor pool •Exercise room After a busy day of work or play, enjoy our picnic area with barbecue grills. Business travelers to this Virginia hotel will welcome additional conveniences like the on-site business center and access to copy services. All spacious guest rooms come equipped with microwaves, refrigerators, coffee makers, hair dryers, irons and ironing boards. Non-smoking and pet-friendly rooms are offered. Be sure to ask about our cozy, cedar-lined cabin rooms. Ample parking and laundry facilities are provided on the premises for added guest convenience. The next time your travels bring you to the beautiful Virginia Eastern shore, the Rodeway Inn hotel in Chincoteague offers you everything you need. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Choice Hotels, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Rodeway Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rodeway Hotel Chincoteague Island
- Quality Inn Chincoteague Island
- Chincoteague Island Quality Inn