“Not fancy, but not expensive either.” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Families with children
Saint Peters, Missouri
“Not fancy, but not expensive either.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2010

I would eat there again. It was a short walk from or hotel and we looked in the window and there were people there. I had the broiled flounder and my husband had the crab cakes. I would have to say that I had a bite of the crab cakes and they were so so, but my fish was pretty good. The salad bar was average, but it was okay to me and my baked potato was big and hot. My husband had a baked potato and baked apples which he really enjoyed. His high lite was the half pitcher of Yuengling beer!! It was quite the bargain. It's not fancy but the food is adequate. Our waitress was very, very nice and attentive.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

58% Recommend
Reading, PA
“Not totally impressed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2010

I don't know- you kind of expect the food to be really great when you pay more for it. I had surf and turf. The shrimp was okay but not the best I've ever had. The steak tasted like- well like meat. It was over cooked and not spiced in any way- boring I guess I would say. The staff was polite and we were early and at the end of the season so it was quiet. It's o Main Street and there is plenty of parking. My husband said his steak was okay but also not great or even close to it. Atmosphere was really nice.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
New York City, New York
“Don't Bother”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2010

First night on the island & was looking forward to having crab. Crab was overcooked and then we were rushed. The hostess made it very clear that I should hurry up and finish. Never again. Found other places with better seafood and much nicer staff. Overpriced too.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
York, PA
“Get the crab dip”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2010

Our server was WONDERFUL. Friendly - but not overly so. She waited to put our food in (and told us she was going to do that and asked us if that was OK) because the dip would take a few minutes. We had salad from the salad bar (not a great selection at the salad bar - but everything was fresh). As soon as we finished our salads, the crab dip came, and right when we were done with the dip, our dinner arrived.

the crab dip was not a gooey mess like it is in most places - this was lump crab, perfectly seasoned with cheese. It came with homemade phyllo dough chips.

I had broiled crab cakes for dinner - they were good. No filler. My baked potato had clearly been re-heated which was a little bit of a disappointment.

But the star of dinner was the prime rib my husband ordered. Luckily it was too big for him and I got a few pieces out of him. Amazing. I have not had prime rib like that anywhere else.

the atmosphere is casual - it is right downtown across from some local shops.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Sykesville, Maryland
“Bad Choice, Don't bother!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2010

Extremely overpriced for the food that you get. The crab dip came with some sort of toasted pita that was worse than communion, the rolls were the dinner roll type you can buy at the grocery store in a 30 pack (and not the good ones!), the crab cake had not a single lump anywhere and the soup was extremely bland. The shrimp was either overdone or not fresh and had a chewy texture. Overall bland, overpriced and far from a worthwhile experience. The only plus was that the staff was extremely friendly.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere