“Great lunch!” 5 of 5 stars

Good for: Families with children
Reading, Pennsylvania
“Great lunch!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

Their soup and salad bar is fabulous, great homemade soups. My husband loved his oyster sandwich . Nice place to visit.

Alexandria
“Late Dinner on September 29, 2013”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

I ordered the crab imperial. It was really good and the portion was huge. I only got to eat half of my meal and the rest I took home. The service was really good too.

Rehoboth Beach, Delaware
“A very popular restaurant”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

Our dinners were okay but nothing special. The restaurant was very busy due to Biker Weekend in nearby Ocean City. Our server went out of her way to get me the dessert I really wanted but that was "sold out". Prices were medium.

Dallas, Texas
“Great "red" clam chowder.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013 via mobile

We stopped for lunch an d were not really hungry. We both ordered the clam red chowder (we call it Manhatten style). It was delicious and more than enough to satisfy us. Waitress was wonderful and people were nice. We plan in returning for diner while here.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Southold, New York
“Don's Does It”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

The day after a disappointing experience at a nearby seafood establishment, we gave Don's a try, and enjoyed it so much that we returned three more times in as many days. Don's Seafood Restaurant has been at the same location on Main Street in Chincoteague for over forty years, and they do seafood right.

Don's is a comfortable unpretentious eatery that serves very fresh local seafood prepared expertly. In our four visits my wife and I had the opportunity to sample various dishes, all of which were excellent. I found the red (manhattan) clam chowder to be the best I've ever tasted, and I've eaten a lot of chowder in my life. And as far as crabs, oysters, and rockfish are concerned, they could not have been done any better, anywhere, than they were at Don's. Simply prepared in the traditional 'teager' manner, they were fantastic. We thoroughly enjoyed each meal we had there, which is why we kept returning.

The servers were professional, competent, and friendly (especially Heather, who waited on us twice). For good, honest, Chincoteague cooking, reasonably priced and prepared perfectly, Don's does it.

• Visited September 2013