“Welcoming” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn Chincoteague Island

You added Days Inn Chincoteague Island to your Saves list
Days Inn Chincoteague Island
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   7020 Maddox Boulevard, Chincoteague Island, VA 23336 (Formerly Blue Heron Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead and Save 15%

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Martinsburg, West Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

This hotel is now a Days Inn, which to me meant it was going to be freshened up. However, I was wrong! I booked through Orbitz and stayed only one night of the three nights I had booked. Our first room had ants, which I understand are a seasonal problem but I also know can be controlled. The manager moved us to another room and within a half hour I found an ant crawling on my arm. In addition, the microwave and bathtub were in need of major repair! The price was great, but I guess you get what you pay for. We moved after the first night to another hotel!

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere until Days Inn owner renovates this place.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
blueheroninn7020, Manager at Days Inn Chincoteague Island, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
I am very sorry you may have ad a problem with ants, unfortunately, Chincoteague is primarily
built on a sandbar and it is an ongoing problem throughout the Island.. Our exterminator was here on the day you arrived and must have disturbed them., since he did go under the building to spray….

As for your other concerns…we would have been happy to have done something about them if we had known at the time..

Again, I apologize for any inconvenience you incurred and do hope you will give us another chance in the future as we are continually updating and refreshing all our rooms!!

Janet
Manager
PA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

The room was clean, and comfortable. It was very small. For the price of $58 a night I would say it was a very good value. They did switch over to become a Days Inn while we were there. Hopefully that will not raise the prices. One bonus is it is close to the Bridge to Assateague Island so we were able to ride our bikes everyday to it.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you very much for your recent review it is truly appreciated.

Although we have decided to join the Days Inn brand under the Wyndham Hotel Group, we will always extend to all our guests the very best in guest care!

All of our guests are very important to us, we do try to ensure a happy hospitality experience us while you are enjoying our Islands.

Again, thank you...we hope to see you again in the future.

Janet
Manager

Been to Days Inn Chincoteague Island? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Days Inn Chincoteague Island

Address: 7020 Maddox Boulevard, Chincoteague Island, VA 23336 (Formerly Blue Heron Inn)
Location: United States > Virginia > Chincoteague Island
Business Center with Internet Access Free Parking Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #17 of 18 Hotels in Chincoteague Island
Hotel Class:2 star — Days Inn Chincoteague Island 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your Days Inn Chincoteague Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Blue Heron Hotel Chincoteague Island

If you own or manage Days Inn Chincoteague Island, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.