“DO NOT STAY HERE!!!!!” 1 of 5 stars

2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4417 Deep Hole Rd, Chincoteague Island, VA 23336   |
Hanover, Pennsylvania, United States
“DO NOT STAY HERE!!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

This hotel is by far the worst place I have ever stayed in my life! The bed sheets were stained, and the front desk attendant was ignorant with me when I asked that someone come change them. There was a chair in the room that had stains on that appeared to be bodily fluid. The attendant argued with me that it was paint, it didn't matter, I just wanted it out of the room! Their website states "extremely clean accomodations" What a joke! When I repeated that to the front desk attendant she told me that even she would bring her own pillows and blankets!!! This place is a DUMP! Run down and filthy! I was afraid to sleep in the beds and walk bare foot on the carpet! I wanted to get a refund and go, but my family and I had driven 4 hours and there was no vacancy anywhere on the island, so we were stuck.

Room Tip: Do not stay in this dump!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Kingsport, TN.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

We planned this as a last minute trip to Chincoteague, and the other places that I had called were either full, or outrageously priced. After reading some of the reviews, I was hesitant, but decided to give it a shot, basing my decision on the fact that we aren't in the room much except to shower and sleep. I wasn't disappointed. It wasn't the Hampton Inn or any of the other higher end hotels on Chincoteague, but it was also about half the price. Our room (a non-smoking king) was clean, the bed was comfortable, air conditioning, television, and the internet all worked. The pool was in decent shap and clean. The location is great, with easy walking or biking distance to just about everything, and the staff was very friendly. One tip though, if you have trouble with stairs, you might want to see if they have a room on the bottom floor, as there is no elevator. Are there nicer places to stay on Chincoteague? Absolutely, but I'm glad I didn't cancel our trip

Room Tip: Get a corner room like we had if possible. It was very quiet in spite of the hotel being sold out on...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

I should have known better- it was the only hotel with rooms still available for a last minute trip to Chincoteague. The hotel is run down, the guest rooms dirty and falling apart. It's the type of place you are afraid to let your bare feet touch the carpet and wish you didn't have to sleep in the beds. Do not stay here!

• Stayed August 2012
baltimore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

This hotel is old and does need updating but it is very clean,staff friendly,great rates and location is great. You can walk to several stores and eateries. The beach is 3 minutes away and down town is 1 minute away. If you dont want to spend alot on a room and want to spend your money having fun,then this is the place for you.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
va
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

First of all the picture of this hotel is not what this hotel actually looks like. The hotel staff was friendly and helped to fix our broken lamp fast. It does seam the staff or owners are not organized when it comes to running things. example they do offer coffee in the mornings however dont have sugar or any plans to get any.( there is a dollar store with in sight).i do wish the staff had matching shirts or are at least identified as hotel workers.This hotel is close walking distance to food and shopping. . we had to stay on the ground floor because there is no elevator here. There was a crack in our door,room smelled musty and needs to be updated from the 60s. They advertise a microwave in the room however there is no electric plug in for it. no hair dryer provided. refridgerator was extra small.I will say the bed was comfortable and bed bug free. pool is nice

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012 via mobile

This motel leaves a lot to be desired. The room we stayed in had a strong musty smell, mold on the ceiling and many dark stains on the walls. The two chairs were so stained and dirty that I wouldn't let my children sit on them. My girls did love the pool, but showering afterward was tricky, as the water would randomly fluctuate from warm to scalding. On the plus side, this Inn has a great location, in walking distance to many great restaurants and activities. Overall I would not recommend it.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Harrisville, Rhode Island
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2012

I stayed here during a recent visit to Chincoteague. This is an old hotel, but it provides the basics: comfortable bed and pillows, a microwave, toaster oven and mini fridge, and daily maid service which keeps things smelling and looking clean. There is no safe in the room for any expensive items, but the doors locked up just fine.

This place is old...keep that in mind! I was situated on the first floor, and could hear the squeaking of the floorboards above me with every step. I could imaging that during the summer this place could get pretty busy and loud with people walking by your room, but that really is the risk you'd take with any hotel experience.

The front desk staff were very polite, and although they were selling their Mary Kay products on the counter -- this seemed to imply this was a family / locally run place.

The only thing that I didn't like was their reservation and payment policy. You have to make a one day deposit (almost non refundable) and pay for the entire reservation upon your arrival. I don't think they make exceptions, so if you don't like what you get, you don't get your money back if you leave.

Room Tip: The room I had on the first floor seemed to have a very warped and squeaky floor, you can hear foots...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled solo

Been to Chincoteague Inn? Share your experiences!