“A Very Nice New Hotel in Chincoteague” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel packages
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“A Very Nice New Hotel in Chincoteague”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

I was in town covering a launch at NASA to the Space Station, but I wish I'd had more time at this hotel. The beds are very comfortable, the rooms are huge, the hotel is very quiet and the staff is friendly and helpful. This hotel is everything you expect from a airfield Inn.

Room Tip: You'll get a better view of the water with the even-numbered rooms.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Heidi S, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Chincoteague Island, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay with us. I'm happy to hear that we lived up to your expectations of a Fairfield Inn & Suites. Our staff works hard to make sure everyone's stay is comfortable and relaxing. We hope that you will be able to return and enjoy the area and our hotel again in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

I am a frequent business traveler to Chincoteague, and have also stayed at the other large chain hotels on the island. By comparison, the Fairfield has advantages you would expect of a new facility...fluffy towels, modern decor, and comfortable beds that aren't worn down from years of use. The patio area is also particularly nice.

The major disadvantage is that the walls are extremely thin. They are "I can hear my neighbor's TV" thin. When you combine this with the excessively loud band that plays 50 feet away at the Chincoteague Inn about four nights a week, it's pretty unpleasant. If you're in town to vacation and party, it's probably fine. If you want a place to wind down and watch TV or read a book in peace in the evenings, look elsewhere.

Room Tip: A room on the south side should theoretically have a little less exposure to the music.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Heidi S, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Chincoteague Island, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay. I apologize that your experience was not what you expected. This will be the last season of the bands next door as they are remodeling over the winter. I can certinally understand how the noise from there could affect your stay when trying to relax. I hope that you will consider staying with us again the next time you are in Chincoteague.
Ocean City, New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

We were originally headed home and decided to extend our vacation. Since this was a new hotel we figured it would be good. Let's just say that in a matter of 24 hrs our family had three different rooms all for different reasons. Sue at the Front Desk was the most professional of all the folks we encountered and exemplifies the true Marriott experience. All other front desk staff need some additional training. Breakfast was standard for this particular brand of Marriott and did not change from day to day. Pool was small but served it's purpose. The hotel itself is in a good location on the water; as long as you can deal with mosquitos, green heads, sea gulls and ducks all the time. The building is very noisy and as a previous reviewer mentioned you can hear through the walls. The doors are heavy both balcony and entrance doors and you hear a constant "slam" of the doors which is disturbing. This property is also supposed to be smoke free but while out on the deck/pool we saw several people smoking on their balonies. If you are a rewards member you will not be treated as such upon arrival; this is the first time I encountered this in my many travels. This hotel did disappoint but maybe after they work out the details and have been opened for awhile I may give it another try. If not there are several other name brands a few doors down..

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Heidi S, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Chincoteague Island, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay. I apologize that your exprience was not up to the Marriott standards that you expected. We are working very hard to make sure each guest's stay is problem free. We are continually training our staff in making our Rewards guests feel welcome. We are continually reminding guests that our balconys are smoke free so as to make sure that all guests enjoy a smoke free environment. Thank you again for your feedback and hope that you will stay with again.
Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

Stayed 3 nights. I love when everything is brand new. Location is pretty, right on the bay. We did not have a bayview room, so it looked out over the parking lot. It was fine because we were always out and about. Breakfast is the usual Fairfield fare which is perfect.You can also eat at the tables outside overlooking the bay. The pool is tiny. Just big enough to take a dip to cool off. It faces the bay and there is plenty of seating. Great spot for some sunset photos. Walking distance to shops and restaurants. 10 minute drive to the beach. I would stay at this hotel again.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Heidi S, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Chincoteague Island, responded to this review, August 18, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay at our new Fairfield Inn & Suite. We are always looking for ways to improve our guest's experience. We look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in Chincoteague.

North Andover, MA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

We stayed recently and were in the area for the first time. The hotel staff were very friendly each time you ran into them. The price of the room came down prior to our stay, but for some reason the 800# could only upgrade us to a bigger room, two queen size w/ pull out bed and bay view. Upon arrival, it was as stated, but our bay view from the first floor looked right into the outdoor restaurant which has music till 9 or 10pm which you can hear. So, when traveling w/ small children it wasn't the best option. The rumors we heard were that the restaurant is being torn down in the fall. Not certain what will be in its place. The rooms were well appointed and bathrooms big. We were given a handicap room, so I am not certain what a "normal" room would look like. The walls were very thin since I was woken up by the room next door w/ their snoring. Workout room is very nice which I appreciate. The laundry room is only one set more would be nice since everyone seems to be trying to do their beach laundry. The breakfast was good and plentiful. I would certainly stay again, but would request a different floor a request which was not granted this time. I agree w/ the other reviewers that the pool is very small.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay at the new Fairfield Inn & Suites. I apologize that my staff was unable to place your family on a higher floor. I undestand how the noise from next door would be a problem. We are working with the restaurant in trying to keep the noise down so the guests of both facilities can enjoy their time in Chincoteauge. Thank you again for your feedback as we strive to make guest's experience the best it can be.

Kingwood, West Virginia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

I debated for a week trying to decide on a hotel in Chincoteague VA. I finally chose the Fairfield Inn & Suites and am so glad I did. Not only was the hotel new (opened in July 2013) but the staff was very friendly and helpful. This was my first visit to Chincoteague and I had no idea what was hot and what was not. The staff was more than willing to help me in any way they could. Our room was very tastefully decorated. The bed was super comfortable. It felt like I was sleeping on air. The duvet cover was so crisp, clean and fluffy.

The complimentary breakfast was delicious!

The pool area was very nice although the pool was a little on the small side and a bit too chilly for my taste.

All in all a great place to stay. I would definitely stay at the Fairfield Inn & Suites again.

Room Tip: I would recommend opting for a room with a water view even though the water view is of a canal.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your feedback! I am so glad that my staff was able to accommodate you after your experience at another hotel. I hope that the staff was able to make your first trip to Chincoteague a great one. Once again, thank you for your feedback and we look forward to you staying with us again!

Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

Stayed here for one night this past week. This hotel has only been open for approx. two weeks! Decor is lovely and the bathroom was elegant and oversized. Highly recommend. Breakfast was included and was good. Two minor negatives: the outdoor pool that overlooks the bay is quite small, and there was a maintenance issue with our door on the second floor (understandable for a brand new property). Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Chincoteague Island? Share your experiences!