“Just barely ok” 2 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast
PA
“Just barely ok”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

There is a very limited dinner menu with unimaginative selections. Two of us got the special - fried oysters- and they were marble sized. The "corn fritters" are pancakes with corn mixed in. Our other food was just so-so. On a positive note, The salad bar was small, however everything seemed very fresh. Service was friendly and good. Might be a good choice for breakfast, but I don't think we'll be back to try it.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Allentown, Pennsylvania
“Finally good local food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

Diner atmosphere but good local food I in season tomatoes stuffed with herbs, turnip greens and fresh flounder -can't beat that. my friend had a burger and fresh French fries. The cream of crabsoup to die for. Service was great.
Only negative too may religious items

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Fort Washington, PA
“Almost a four”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

If you want something other than seafood, it's a good place to try. Decor is ok, service was better than average. I had a fantastic French onion soup. My husband didn't care for his roast beef sandwich, but our other guests enjoyed their fish platter. Average kids menu. Overall a nice place and is almost quite nice.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“The best Crab soup I've ever eaten.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

This place is new, which always worries me. But we ordered the crab soup which was out of this world! And we had a blueberry cake or something to that effect which was also very very good. It was almost closing time, everyone was very nice. We had a lite fair because we had eaten a late lunch. I would definitely eat there again.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Washington, DC
“Great breakfast in a clean, cheerful setting”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

It is new, but very very good! The signs outside kind of confused us... we thought it was somewhat fancy style dining, but it is a real family restaurant with good prices, good food and good seating. Not fussy, but options for those who want more than a burger.

They have a great breakfast, with simple diner-style options that are fresh made and a cut above regular diners. The homefries, for example, were made from new potatoes and had real REAL rosemary on them! Not greasy.The scrambled eggs were perfect... nobody ever gets scrambled eggs right but Mr. Paul did! The juice was cold and fresh, not rancid like a lot of diners. You can get really good blueberry pancakes, with those tiny fresh blueberries that are so yummy, or choc chip or buttermilk.... and did I mention the HUGE sausages? All at a great price.

Almost no one else on the island does a fresh breakfast, and not only do they do one but they do it yummy! Would satisfy either a gourmet OR that dude you like to go fishing with on vacation. My kids liked it too!

Nice staff, eager to please and friendly. Good service, with our coffee cups refilled many times with a smile.

I know this place just opened. I really really really hope they are there when we go back next year. The island needs a really good, clean, yummy diner on this side.

My advice to you, Mr. Paul, who ever you are: one big sign on the Maddox saying you do fresh breakfast starting at 6am, and you will become a staple of everyone's vacation.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere