“Misleading advertisement no private bathroom” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Miss Molly's Inn Bed & Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Chincoteague Island
Miss Molly's Inn Bed & Breakfast
You added Miss Molly's Inn Bed & Breakfast to your Saves list
4141 Main St., Chincoteague Island, VA 23336   |
Washington DC
“Misleading advertisement no private bathroom”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2007

My boyfriend and I booked a room at Ms. Molly's looking for a quiet romantic weekend. Since we booked a little late the only room available was the yellow room, which looked quite quaint in the pictures.

Upon arrival the first thing we had to do was pay for the room. Then we were shown around the inn. When we got to our room my first surprise was that the bathroom was outside the room across a large sitting area. My second (and really unpleasant) surprise was to discover that the bathroom was shared with the green room, which is next door to the yellow room. This is not what we were expecting for a romantic gateaway, and certainly not what we were expecting for the room rate (in no other B&B in the price range have we encountered a shared bathroon thus far). Lin's (the innkeeper) reaction couldn't have been more non-chalant.

After getting back home I re-read the room description both in their website and brochures looking for something that I overlooked and that would have indicated that the room had a shared bathroom. That was not the case.

Other than that, breakfast was elaborate, and the innkeepers were helpful with suggesting activities and reservations.

• Liked — the bikes that you could borrow from them
  • Disliked — the misleading advertisement about the bathroom
  • Stayed August 2007
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2007

I have always wanted to visit Chincoteague, since I first read "Misty." I finally got that opportunity when business called me to the DC area, and I couldn't have been more thrilled to stay at the original inn where the Misty book was written. The inn itself is cozy, warm and fun. My room overlooked 'the working bay' that the other reviewer complained about, but I had no problems with what I saw (it's a question of a glass being half full, right?) Blue water made me happy and I delighted in watching the ducks get fed one morning next door. Breakfasts were sumptuous and decadent and yummy, perfect fuel for brisk hikes down Assateague Island (which is nearby and fabulous). I visited offseason (February) and found the islands to be wonderful and easy to explore. Lots to see. As a woman traveling alone, I felt perfectly safe. I could see this Inn being a great spot for, say, a quilting group or a book club to stay for a weekend. I hope to come back some day.

• Liked — Everything!
  • Disliked — Having to leave! :-(
  • Stayed February 2007, traveled solo
Rehoboth, DE
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2006

A mild surprise for my 50th Birthday. Chincoteague Island is a wonderful place to visit. Sam and Lin were great hosts and very informative about the island. Can not say more about the breakfasts and bedroom was exquisite. We stayed in the Marguerite Henry (Misty 'author') room and loved it.

• Stayed October 2006, traveled as a couple
ca
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2006

My girlfriend and I absolutely adored this bed and breakfast! Lin and Sam were very hospitable owners. We were greeted at 9 am with the most unbelievable breakfasts known to man. They helped us map out our days to make the most the island had to offer. We loved our room! We stayed in the Marguerite Henry room and it was a very comfortable bed. Stay away from the other b & bs, for fantastic food and hospitality---our money is on Miss Molly's Inn!

• Liked — Cracking food and fantastic rooms
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Tips/Secrets — Hurry and book now-Miss Mollys is very popular so book in advance
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled as a couple
denver co
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2006

We found this b&b online and called about booking a room for our honeymoon Lin told us about the perfect room with views of the "working bay" well the only view was that of a fish factory alot of trucks and a weathered house. We felt like we were lied to and approached the owners to be told of her no refund policy . the room was nice and food was good but it was not at all what we expected for a honeymooners view.

• Liked — leaving
  • Disliked — being lied to by owners
  • Tips/Secrets — stay at the inn across the street
  • Stayed June 2005, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
New York, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2006

Miss Molly's Bed and Breakfast was very quaint and cute! I stayed in what used to be the cheapest room, the Captain Jack, which had it's own private bathroom next door to the room. The room was very small, but you really did not need it to be big since you won't be spending most of your time in it. Still, it was very comfortable. The inn is decorated in Victorian style, with a lot of nice porches to relax on. There's one in the front with some chairs, facing right on the main street. Or there's a covered porch in the back with tables and chairs. The inn provides all the beach equipment you may want, such as beach chairs, umbrellas, toys, bodyboards, etc. The breakfast at the inn (served every morning at 9am) was absolutely delicious! And always interesting. There is afernoon tea (available upon request) that was great to enjoy out on the porch. There was also a nice sandwich shop next door to the inn where you can get lunch for a picnic.

• Stayed August 2004

Been to Miss Molly's Inn Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!