“Great B&B w/ Great Inn Keepers” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Miss Molly's Inn Bed & Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Chincoteague Island
Miss Molly's Inn Bed & Breakfast
You added Miss Molly's Inn Bed & Breakfast to your Saves list
4141 Main St., Chincoteague Island, VA 23336   |
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Earth
“Great B&B w/ Great Inn Keepers”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2008

We were greeted by Lin and Sam upon arrival. These two are the quintessential Inn keepers. Lin with her gourmet breakfast every morning...WOW and Sam who can talk it up and entertain to, evidently, any topic. Sam was very helpful with his tour-by-map of the Island. Free bikes were available for us to explore the island with as well.
We stayed in "Marguerite Henry" room which I highly recommend ! The room was clean and had a king size bed with very comfy sheets. Large bath room. Certainly we were lucky to have such a diverse group staying at the inn as well. The breakfast conversation was a whirlwind of humor and intrigue. All-in-all it was an awesome experience and we'll certainly be back next year.
THANK YOU LIN & SAM !!!!!

• Liked — Great energy friendly atmosphere wonderful room and breakfast was gourmet.
  • Disliked — didn't want to leave.
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Cambridge, Ma.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2008

I had heard great things about Miss Molly's from some friends that had stayed there over the summer and wanted to do something special for the Big 60! A group of us arrived and were greeted warmly by the owners, Lin and Sam. We took over the top floor which allowed us to have a sitting area and privacy. All of us thought the beds were extremely comfortable.The breakfasts were fantastic and we liked having access to the snacks on the porch anytime we wanted them. Ran and Lin gave us great suggestions of where to eat, which places would be good to get the best pictures (we are photographers) and provided us with everything we needed....bikes, beach chairs etc.
I would recommend this B&B without hesitation.

• Liked — Breakfasts, Owners, Beds
  • Disliked — Leaving
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled with friends
Littleton, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2008

Being a "Misty of Chincoteague" fan since I was little girl, staying at Miss Molly's Inn was a real treat. I stayed in the Marguerite Henry room which was absolutely beautiful, clean and quiet.

The Inn is full of artifacts and lovely antiques which allowed my imagination to travel back to the time of "Misty". The Inn has that warm, welcoming feel and the breakfast is amazing.

The Innkeepers Lin & Sam welcomed me in and made me feel like family. I find this rare when traveling alone. They were both extremely helpful pointing out places of interest and where and when to view the wildlife.

Assateague Island is a bird lovers paradise. The island is gorgeous and untouched. Seeing the ponies in the wild was a little girls dream come true.

I had a wonderful time at Miss Molly's and plan on coming back in July for the Pony roundup.

• Liked — The family feeling I got
  • Disliked — Leaving
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled solo
DALLASTOWN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2008

The food was wonderful! The beds were comfortable. The hosts were delightful, very informative about the island. I would definitely recommend and return myself.

Stayed September 2008
boston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2008

What a fantastic place to stay!! I went with my wife and two children for 4 days. We rented out the top floor which hosts the green and yellow rooms. The rooms share a huge bathroom across from the private sitting area. My wife and I could enjoy alone time and the kids were safe next door. I don't do well sleeping in beds other than my own, but I was nicely suprised by how soft and comfortable this bed was!! The food was fantastic!! The hosts just wonderfully humble gracious people who told us all about Capt Spider and his boat tours!! They offered us boogie boards for the kids for the beach. The kids loved getting their own snacks from the covered porch, while the wife and I were sitting in the beautiful garden. I would definitely come back here!!

• Liked — The character of the house itself
  • Disliked — It got a bit too hot
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
Tennessee
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2008

My husband and I were terribly disappointed in this inn. Our room information was misleading, boasting a queen bed and private bath that turned out to be a dirty little room with a full bed and no room even for our suitcases. The private bath was accessed down the hall! Cobwebs hung over our heads as we ate our breakfast. The boasting of afternoon treats on the porch turned out to be cans of Pringles and left over breakfast sweets. The brightest spot of this stay was the diversity of our breakfast guests, which always makes a B and B stay unique.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — room
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Washington, DC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2008

Nice but terribly overpriced

We stayed at Miss Molly’s room. The room is very small, but it has its own bathroom. The innkeepers are nice and friendly. The room, however, turned out to have a noisy a/c, and the water dripping from the upper floor on the window was making a rhythmic noise, which, together with the music that was playing from the radio downstairs all night, kept us from sleeping until we did put in the ear plugs. The breakfast is good, but you have to like being served at 9am at a table with all the other guests. Since there is one big table in the middle of the room and the breakfast is being served like a course meal, you are not really able to take breakfast and have it on the porch away from the other guests. The fact that the owner provides bikes and swimming accessories is nice. However, the place is terribly overpriced and although there is nothing really wrong with it (except for the noise), it does not hold up to the expectations of a whopping 170 dollars we paid for it. The view from the place is sorry, too.

Stayed August 2008

Been to Miss Molly's Inn Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!