“Fantastic experience” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book now and save 15%
“Fantastic experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

My son and I had a wonderful time visiting this Hampton Inn. I am a stickler for cleanliness, and I was impressed by how spotless everything was. But I think it really is the staff that makes the stay so wonderful. They are warm, friendly, and helpful people. We will definitely return. As a single mom, traveling isn't always easy for me. But this made life so that I could get a bit of a break too. My child was sick before the trip, I was exhausted, I arrived late, and they called me to ensure I got my room secured even as their rooms were in high demand. Without them, we would not have had our spring break!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (145)
Frederick, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

The staff at the hotel are wonderful. Very upbeat and cheerful. For the most part the hotel is beautiful. We had a king suite overlooking the water. To our left was the fishing boat/dump area. The room was large and very nice, however, the view was less than desirable. It isn't the hotel's responsibility but it did take away from our experience. A high privacy fence may help. We left early because Chincoteague was not what we were expecting.

Room Tip: Stay away from room 217 or any room on the left side of the hotel unless you want a view of the dump...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Queensbury, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

Stopped enroute to OBX for the night. Easy to get to, clean, lovely accommodations. Staff very nice, breakfast typical but plentiful. Not sure if it was recently renovated. Nice decor.
Easy walking distance to shops, churches and restaurants. Great place would definitely stay again and recommend.

Stayed April 2014
Poquoson, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014

The Hampton Inn at Chincoteague is a great place to stay for a spring break with the family. My daughter enjoyed the indoor pool and we all loved the breakfasts. The breakfast tables are situated so that you can look out over the water, and this makes for a great way to start the day. In the afternoon, evening the front desk at delicious cookies for a snack which my daughters really appreciated and enjoyed. The staff was courteous and helpful. The breakfasts had delicious hot food items offered each day.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Hampton, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014

My wife and I stayed at the Hampton Inn, we had a king study room. Our room had a private balcony with a beautiful view of the bay. This hotel, we were told, was the top rated Hampton Inn in the United States. Our only issue, which was a small one, was the water pressure on our bathroom sink was a weak stream. Other than that, everything else, including the staff, was top of the line. The breakfast and the host were hard to beat. I believe, thanks to Wallops Island, the prices at the hotel, are kept up high. If you travel to Chincoteague during the summer months and stay at this hotel, you will ante up. I try to always stay at Hampton Inns and would stay here again, but I would pick my time of year wisely. Overall, it's "a little pricey, but still a very nice, friendly hotel".

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Galena, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014

Great place with sunset waterfront views. Usual Hampton Inn cleanliness and convenience. Friendly and efficient staff. Try the Island cruise by Captain Dan that leaves right from the hotel. It's educational and loads of fun.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Roanoke, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

We just loved our time in Chincoteague. This hotel was a great part of our enjoyment. It is freshly renovated in a lovely style. The grounds are well kept. It is one of the best Hampton Inns around. And we know Hamptons. Breakfast was very good, rooms were comfy and clean. Ours was a bit more expensive but it had a straight-on Bay/Channel view that was really nice. The Staff was superb and friendly from the front desk to all of the other workers. Small town feel with lovely amenities. Highly recommended.

Walk down the street to Don's Seafood for some great local food. So easy. Watch for the Mallard mama sitting on her eggs in the mulch of the flower bed in front.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Hampton Inn and Suites Chincoteague-Waterfront? Share your experiences!