“Sunset views are incredible” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
2X Points Package
Fraser, Colorado
“Sunset views are incredible”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

Beautiful spacious rooms with balconies, comfy beds, and waterfront views. I loved our room and it had a mini fridge for our wine! I love the balcony and the sunset views were amazing. We came for a girls night out. It was perfect for a low key, relaxing get away to catch up. We walked in and felt spoiled! We each raved about how comfy the beds are and we got a good nights sleep.

The staff is really friendly at this hotel and every time we walked out of our room the service staff greeted us with friendly hi's and asked if we were having a good stay.

They have a small fitness area with nice equipment and an indoor pool area with hot tub. We and enjoyed sipping wine in the hot tub and later on our balcony.

There is a complimentary breakfast but it's just ok. If you eat muffins and waffles you are good. I am gluten free and the eggs are powered - so going out is a better option. Coffee on the deck is a good way to start your morning.

I loved our room and the staff was friendly. I may have even given a 5 star as this appears to be the best place to stay on the Island. However I booked and got a great rate from Orbitz. When I arrived they said I booked a smoking room and partial waterfront. I never book smoking rooms so I thought it was a little weird and the print out I had didn't specify the room choice. After my stay and I was home I sifted through email and I did indeed book a non smoking room. We saw the smoking room and partial view and it was not very nice. We upgraded to a waterfront non smoking room for another $40. It was worth it- and I don't know if it was a mistake from the Orbitz reservation or a ploy to spend more money for an upgrade. I would definitely book directly next time because I would have been disappointed if I had to have stayed in the smoking partial room. So make sure to book waterfront and non-smoking. The rooms are so much nicer and worth the extra money.

It is a beautiful property and I would stay here again. I have already recommended it to my parents as Chincoteague is my Mom's favorite place for a weekend getaway.

Room Tip: Splurge for waterfront rooms and don't book smoking rooms - unless you want to smoke. The nonsmo...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

Berlin, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

Upon our arrival my wife and I were impressed with the appearance of the area outside the lobby. It just made us feel welcomed. The interior was decorated with class and simplicity, not that "busy" look that some lobbies have. Two thumbs up!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Bayonne
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

I love this hotel but it is a bit pricey. Worth it if you are looking for great service and breakfast. Staff was beyond helpful and friendly. The lobby area is very comfortable. Right outside is the bay and channel. Wooden walkway to take a stroll. The rooms was clean and comfortable. Nice balcony to enjoy the waterfront view. Would go back again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Delmar, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

We stayed one night at this hotel. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. They greeted us every time we entered and left the hotel. The room was immaculate and the bed was super cozy with plenty of pillows. The view from the balcony was amazing. We enjoyed the pool and hot tub and used the work out room. All was very well kept and clean. They have a complimentary breakfast buffet in the morning fully stocked with a variety of goodies. When we left the next morning the cleaning lady was in the hallway and said, "have a nice day, thank you for staying with us." Who does that anymore?! Awesome! That's representative of the people of Chincoteague. Highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for waterfront.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
West Chester, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

The staff always makes you feel that you are welcome. They want you to enjoy your stay. They are well informed about what is available on the island. They are always eager to be of assistance. They make you feel like family!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Virginia Dale, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

We stayed here last year and plan to return soon. We had a three night stay and it was great. Very relaxing--room on second floor overlooking the water. Front desk staff was courteous and helpful when suggesting places to visit and food choices.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Washington, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

I always stay here when I'm in Chincoteague and honestly it couldn't be a better place. Location is gorgeous on the bay, the staff bends over backwards to help you, it's clean, quiet and breakfast is great. I think the vibe is wonderful, it really feels like home away from home. And the prices, you can't beat!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo