We agree with all the great reviews for this hotel for the same reasons. This is just about the only true hotel in town - most are motels or camp/cottage style accommodations on the strip that leads the the ocean conservation area. The Hampton is nicely set back from the road with tidy, spacious rooms and a good breakfast. We had an excellent room - main level with a balcony with a wide water view that looked out onto boats and with a constant parade of passing ducks. Balcony was excellent for snacks before dinner and drying our bathing suits too.
Chincoteague is a charming beach town. There's no true fine dining, but we enjoyed eating at the premier restaurant in town, as well Chinese food served outdoor cafe style just a short stroll from the hotel, and great take-out sandwiches from the Sea Star Cafe for our days on the beach. (There are no snack bars or food suppliers of any sort at the beach, so be sure to go well provisioned.) One of the best surprises was the warmth of the water. We were expecting it to be about the same as the National Seashore at Cape Cod, but it was much warmer. We purchased body boards in town and both kids and parents had lots of fun in the waves. Nice white sand and very long beach. We were there labour day weekend for three nights; it wasn't crowded at all.
There's a small theatre in town, but the movies playing while we were there weren't age-appropriate for our kids, but it is a charming old-style theatre that we'd like to check out on a return visit. The island is famed for it's wild horses; we hiked most of the hiking trails without spotting any (nice trails!) but we did see some horses along the side of the road. Would recommend this family holiday spot for a great long-weekend getaway. anyone.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn And Suites Chincoteague-Waterfront Hotel
- Hampton Inn And Suites Chincoteague-Waterfront Hotel Chincoteague Island
- Hampton Inn Chincoteague Island
- Hotel Chincoteague
- Chincoteague Island Hampton Inn
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hilton Hotels, Hotels.com, Travelocity and Otel so you can book your Hampton Inn and Suites Chincoteague-Waterfront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.