As other reviews state the hotel is well located, and the roomscould use some updating. They only get away with calling it a suite because of this strange little three foot high wall separating the bed from the sofa area. There is a nice small deck overlooking the water, and chairs are provided. You need to turn off the a/c before you go out because of the noise and heat coming from it. The beds were comfortable, and there were plenty of towels. Hated the shower - that is a challange to rinse off, especially if you are over 5'4".
We chose this hotel over some others because it said they serve hot breakfast, and mentioned items like sausage, bacon, eggs, etc. We must eat gluten free so thought we would be able to eat there. Wrong! There were tons of bread items. If you like that, you are ok. The girl at the desk swore they were real eggs, but I have no idea what they did to them to make them so solidly rubbery, and the 'meat' was mixed in with the eggs. We ended up having to take an hour out of each day to drive to breakfast and pay. Check-out was a little early. We were in our room packing a little afte 11, and they called to ask when we were leaving. We have never had a hotel do that.
Most people you ask there will suggest you eat at Bills. We would suggest you do not. It was the worst seafood we had ever had. Much better food at The Village.
Take your bug spray!!! Seriously, you will end up buying it there if you forget to pack yours.
We also chose this hotel because it had a indoor pool, but we were unable to use it. The chlorine smell was so strong from outside the door, that it knocked you out. We stepped in once, but couldn't stay. There are worse hotels on the island, but there are probably a few better as well.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of historic downtown Chincoteague, the Comfort Suites hotel offers the ideal way to enjoy all the beauty, history, recreation and adventure of Chincoteague Island. Whether its business or leisure that brings you to Virginia's only resort island, Comfort Suites lives up to it's name from the moment guests enter the lobby to be greeted by friendly, attentive staff. "Comfort" continues to be the operative word throughout the hotel, from the 87 oversized suites with waterfront views and spacious work and sitting areas, to on-site amenities that include a newly remodeled fitness center, indoor and outdoor pools, free continental breakfast and morning paper, guest laundry, fax & copy service, meeting facilities for 50 and free high speed internet service. Best of all, when it's time for fun, the options are endless on this small island. In town, there's great shopping, dining, galleries, boat rentals and fishing excursions. A visit to Chincoteague National Wildlife Refuge on Assateague Island offers guests the oppertunity to catch a glimpse of some of the 260 species of birds as well as the wild Chincoteague ponies. Additionally, miles of biking and hiking trails wind through pine woods, marshes and freshwater ponds. Built in 1833, the Assateague lighthouse is a favorite attraction, as is the Assateague Island National Seashore, offering over 37 miles of unspoiled beachfront for swimming and water sports. Hotel guests also enjoy the NASA Visitor's Center as well as antique shopping, miniture golf and scenic day cruise excursions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Choice Hotels, Expedia, Priceline, Tingo, Despegar.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Comfort Suites Chincoteague reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Suites Chincoteague Hotel Chincoteague Island
- Comfort Suites Chincoteague Island
- Chincoteague Island Comfort Suites