We booked a ground floor king room partial suite, which had a partial room divider with a sofabed and tables and chairs. We got in late (like 2am), and immediately went to our little balcony, where they also had chairs and a little endtable. Lots of times hotels have balconies but no chairs and tables for you to sit out there. The view was lovely, even on the ground floor. There's no screen on the door, but you can keep the window open to smell the lovely salty sea air.
There's full breakfast in the morning (waffles, eggs, sausage, juice, coffee, cereal, etc.). There's also a fitness room, indoor pool, and outdoor pool. We paid online with an advance purchase, and the rate was pretty good, especially considering how nice the hotel was. The location is great also -- we walked down Maddox and were able to rent bikes, which we rode t Assateague Island beach. Also, our friends had their wedding at a cottage directly next to the hotel, so it was nice location-wise too.
The front desk staff is really nice. We were only there for 48 hours for our friends' wedding, but we are hoping to return to Comfort Suites in Chincoteague soon!
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Suites Chincoteague Hotel
- Comfort Suites Chincoteague Hotel Chincoteague Island
- Comfort Suites Chincoteague Island
- Chincoteague Island Comfort Suites
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of historic downtown Chincoteague, the Comfort Suites hotel offers the ideal way to enjoy all the beauty, history, recreation and adventure of Chincoteague Island. Whether its business or leisure that brings you to Virginia's only resort island, Comfort Suites lives up to it's name from the moment guests enter the lobby to be greeted by friendly, attentive staff. "Comfort" continues to be the operative word throughout the hotel, from the 87 oversized suites with waterfront views and spacious work and sitting areas, to on-site amenities that include a newly remodeled fitness center, indoor and outdoor pools, free continental breakfast and morning paper, guest laundry, fax & copy service, meeting facilities for 50 and free high speed internet service. Best of all, when it's time for fun, the options are endless on this small island. In town, there's great shopping, dining, galleries, boat rentals and fishing excursions. A visit to Chincoteague National Wildlife Refuge on Assateague Island offers guests the oppertunity to catch a glimpse of some of the 260 species of birds as well as the wild Chincoteague ponies. Additionally, miles of biking and hiking trails wind through pine woods, marshes and freshwater ponds. Built in 1833, the Assateague lighthouse is a favorite attraction, as is the Assateague Island National Seashore, offering over 37 miles of unspoiled beachfront for swimming and water sports. Hotel guests also enjoy the NASA Visitor's Center as well as antique shopping, miniture golf and scenic day cruise excursions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Tingo, Orbitz, EasyToBook, Choice Hotels, Hotels.com, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Comfort Suites Chincoteague reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.