We decided to visit Chincoteague for a Birthday celebration for my wife. I made the reservation on line for under $80 per night and asked them to wish her a "Happy Birthday" upon checkout. They not only wished her well but posted the Birthday wish on their message board and upgraded our room. The front desk staff were always attentive and friendly throughout the weekend stay.
The room on the third floor was clean, comfortable and had a great view of Chincoteague inlet. The construction of the building affords a water front view to every room. The "suite" has two separate areas. There is a sleeping area on one side and a sitting/living area on the other side separated by a half wall. The room is somewhat larger than a regular hotel room but smaller than a large suite. The beds and especially the pillows were very comfortable. The balcony was large enough where two people could spend the time overlooking watching the sunset over Chincoteague Bay. There are not many placed in the Eastern USA where you can watch the sunset over the water.
The entire hotel is smoke free. There are even signs posted on every balcony prohibiting smoking. Many hotels prohibit smoking in the rooms but allow smoking on balconies. That makes it difficult for non smokers to enjoy the balcony of their room. Not this hotel, it is 100% smoke free.
This hotel ranks with the Inn at Christmas Place In Tennessee and the Amishview Inn in Lancaster, PA as my favorites in the entire country. All three know how to treat guests the right way!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of historic downtown Chincoteague, the Comfort Suites hotel offers the ideal way to enjoy all the beauty, history, recreation and adventure of Chincoteague Island. Whether its business or leisure that brings you to Virginia's only resort island, Comfort Suites lives up to it's name from the moment guests enter the lobby to be greeted by friendly, attentive staff. "Comfort" continues to be the operative word throughout the hotel, from the 87 oversized suites with waterfront views and spacious work and sitting areas, to on-site amenities that include a newly remodeled fitness center, indoor and outdoor pools, free continental breakfast and morning paper, guest laundry, fax & copy service, meeting facilities for 50 and free high speed internet service. Best of all, when it's time for fun, the options are endless on this small island. In town, there's great shopping, dining, galleries, boat rentals and fishing excursions. A visit to Chincoteague National Wildlife Refuge on Assateague Island offers guests the oppertunity to catch a glimpse of some of the 260 species of birds as well as the wild Chincoteague ponies. Additionally, miles of biking and hiking trails wind through pine woods, marshes and freshwater ponds. Built in 1833, the Assateague lighthouse is a favorite attraction, as is the Assateague Island National Seashore, offering over 37 miles of unspoiled beachfront for swimming and water sports. Hotel guests also enjoy the NASA Visitor's Center as well as antique shopping, miniture golf and scenic day cruise excursions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, EasyToBook, Choice Hotels, Travelocity, Despegar.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Comfort Suites Chincoteague reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Suites Chincoteague Hotel Chincoteague Island
- Comfort Suites Chincoteague Island
- Chincoteague Island Comfort Suites