Stayed here with my wife for our anniversary. Check-in was at 4pm (late) but we stopped by around 1pm just to ask if we could get in earlier and were told our room was ready for check-in. Nice.
Room was clean, beds were comfortable, air conditioning worked and the wifi was free. Each room has a balcony for enjoying the fresh air.
We didn't utilize the pool but did take a look around while exploring the place. Pool was clean and looked well maintained. Water is heated. There is also an outdoor shower to rinse off the clorine if you don't want to walk back up to your room.
The continental breakfast was actually much nicer than anticipated. When you arrive, a staff member asks if you would like a fresh waffle/french toast/pancakes - whatever they happen to be cooking that day. Coffee, toast/english muffins, hard boiled eggs, cereal, oatmeal, fresh fruit & juices all available. It was really a nice way to start the day.
We used one of their discounts to get 20% a two-night stay. Place was a tiny bit expensive for frugal travelers, but if you can get one of their many discounts it helps. Plus with the nice breakfast, you really don't have to spend money eating anywhere else in the morning, so you should factor that into your decision when selecting a hotel based on price. Really a nice hotel.
Staff was awesome, always helpful and very friendly. The location is about 5 minutes from the main street area but only a short walk/bike ride from the wildlife refuge, which is great if you are hopping back and forth from the beach. When driving to Main Street, there is lots of free parking, so making trips back and forth isn't an issue.
I enjoyed our 3 day trip to Chincoteague, and if I returned I would definitely stay at the Refuge Inn again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Exceed your expectations in this family owned inn where no detail is overlooked. The Refuge Inn is located within walking distance of the wildlife refuge and minutes from our beautiful undeveloped beach. Amenities include Continental Breakfast, Wireless Internet, Indoor/Outdoor Heated Pool, Hot Tub, Fitness Room, Bicycle & Beach Gear Rentals, Conference Room and Gift Shop. A Treasure of a place, Family Owned and Proudly Operated. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia so you can book your Refuge Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Refuge Hotel Chincoteague Island
- Refuge Chincoteague Island