The Refuge Inn saved the day or rather week for my son & I who had planned 1 year in advance to spend time on the quaint island of Chincoteague for Pony Penning Week. The original hotel, just next door to the Refuge Inn was not fit to stay in upon our arrival for our long awaited holiday. I absolutely panicked thinking I would have to turn around and go back home to Maryland. We decided to attempt to save our what had quickly become a last minute mess, I walked into the Refuge Inn with a hope & a prayer that they might somehow save our Holiday & accommodate us, now last minute on the busiest week of the their entire season. When I told them our predicament they said they could help if we did not mind changing rooms a few times, we agreed that would be fine & our close to abandoned trip soon because memories made for a lifetime..
The Refuge Inn was beyond any expectation we could have conjured about how a week at the beach could unfold. They were kind, had great suggestions for dinner, how to view the ponies, what not to miss, a map & schedule for each of the weeks events pertaining to Pony Swim. My son & I love the Refuge Inn so much we can't want to return, hopefully again & again. The hotel itself is very comfortable, luxurious for the beach, perfect temperature, nice lobby, great included breakfast each morning, comfortable beds & linens, indoor-outdoor pool, lovely grounds, pony on the premises, crows-nest & roof deck and best of all just at the entrance to the beach. Safe, Clean, a place to keep your bikes or rent them and close to the seaside activities of Chincoteague. I don't think you could find a more comfortable place to stay at the beach. Thank you Refuge Inn Staff, you were wonderful. Suzanne & Wyeth D.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Exceed your expectations in this family owned inn where no detail is overlooked. The Refuge Inn is located within walking distance of the wildlife refuge and minutes from our beautiful undeveloped beach. Amenities include Continental Breakfast, Wireless Internet, Indoor/Outdoor Heated Pool, Hot Tub, Fitness Room, Bicycle & Beach Gear Rentals, Conference Room and Gift Shop. A Treasure of a place, Family Owned and Proudly Operated. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA and Expedia so you can book your Refuge Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Refuge Hotel Chincoteague Island
- Refuge Chincoteague Island