Fantastic location! If you want to bike around Assateague, the Refuge Inn is the perfect place to stay. It is just across the bridge and even has a bike shop where you can get supplies or rent a bike. We had a first floor room so were able to leave our bikes locked up on the patio. There is a free continental breakfast--not great but the price is right. The inn has a nice family atmosphere and is well cared for with lots of plants and garden spots. We enjoyed the pool and picnic areas. They also have a couple of Chincoteague ponies.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Exceed your expectations in this family owned inn where no detail is overlooked. The Refuge Inn is located within walking distance of the wildlife refuge and minutes from our beautiful undeveloped beach. Amenities include Continental Breakfast, Wireless Internet, Indoor/Outdoor Heated Pool, Hot Tub, Fitness Room, Bicycle & Beach Gear Rentals, Conference Room and Gift Shop. A Treasure of a place, Family Owned and Proudly Operated. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia and Travelocity so you can book your Refuge Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Refuge Hotel Chincoteague Island
- Refuge Chincoteague Island