What a wonderful place to vacation! The family and I went for a weekend getaway. We all loved it here. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The motel is situated right at the entrance of Chincoteague National Park. The indoor pool was enjoyed by the entire family. There is a rooftop terrace where you can relax looking out over the National Park. There is a corral with some ponies from the island that were rounded up for all to feed and enjoy. There is a morning breakfast provided each morning. Nothing extraordinary but certainly on par with any other hotel or motel that offers a complimentary breakfast. In other reviews I noticed preferences on which side of the motel to stay. We chose the side away from the parking lot and on the ground floor. This is an open, wooded area where the kids could go out and play while we sat on the deck and read or watched them having fun. This was very nice but I think the parking lot side would be nice as well since that is the side facing the pony corral. You would be able to sit on your porch and watch the ponies play. I also want to point out that any negative comments that I saw posted here in the reviews seem to have been addressed by the ownership and staff. Bike racks, microwaves available for use, a mixture of soft and stiff pillows, etc., etc. The only negative I have is that my wife felt the beds were too soft and she did not sleep comfortably. I, on the otherhand, love a soft mattress and slept wonderfully. We will be back soon. This is my 10 year old daughter's favorite place and she demands we return. LOL She is well travelled having been to Hawaii, Key West, Sanibel Island FL, Arizona, California, Maine and North Carolina. Thanks for a new family getaway that is closer to home.
- Also Known As:
- Refuge Hotel
- Refuge Hotel Chincoteague Island
- Refuge Chincoteague Island
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Exceed your expectations in this family owned inn where no detail is overlooked. The Refuge Inn is located within walking distance of the wildlife refuge and minutes from our beautiful undeveloped beach. Amenities include Continental Breakfast, Wireless Internet, Indoor/Outdoor Heated Pool, Hot Tub, Fitness Room, Bicycle & Beach Gear Rentals, Conference Room and Gift Shop. A Treasure of a place, Family Owned and Proudly Operated. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity and Fareportal so you can book your Refuge Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.