The Refuge Inn provides average size rooms, nice sheets, decent beds, awesome blackout curtains, and a large bathroom. We stayed in a ground level room, and the only noise we heard was from the individuals in the room above us. We could hear them walking around, but it wasn't awful. The location of the hotel is fantastic. Both the beach and town are a quick drive from the Refuge Inn. Most of the front desk staff are helpful, although there are some that will blatantly ignore guests that are waiting for assistance. The complimentary breakfast included coffee, tea, hot chocolate, juice, eggs, bread, and cereal daily. It was nothing fancy, but there were a variety of items to choose from. We didn't have a problem finding a table on the days we ate breakfast at the hotel, but we ate early. Expect to wait until exactly 7:30 am for breakfast. The front desk staff are icily precise on that matter. The lady that keeps breakfast warm and abundant is extremely friendly with a cheerful smile on theher face. The housekeeping staff were exceptionally friendly and had our room cleaned early every day. With 2 adults and two teenagers in one room, keeping it clean is an endeavor. Extra towels were provided as requested, and our toiletries were replaced as necessary. The pool was a good size, and it was fun to swim in. Towels are provided at the pool, but sometimes they run low. The ponies located beyond the parking lot were friendly and adorable! The girls loved them. We never had an issue finding a parking spot close to our room either despite them not being assigned. My advice to anyone traveling to Chincoteague is to definitely make dinner reservations, try the "box lunches" from Sugarbakers, and do not use your patio door after dark despite what the mosquitos tell you. Also, be sure to head to the beach early as well as in the evening. It's $15 for a week pass, and it opens at 5am and closes at 10pm. It's gorgeous! We enjoyed our vacation immensely and would definitely stay at the Refuge Inn again for the location and clean rooms.
- Also Known As:
- Refuge Hotel
- Refuge Hotel Chincoteague Island
- Refuge Chincoteague Island
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Exceed your expectations in this family owned inn where no detail is overlooked. The Refuge Inn is located within walking distance of the wildlife refuge and minutes from our beautiful undeveloped beach. Amenities include Continental Breakfast, Wireless Internet, Indoor/Outdoor Heated Pool, Hot Tub, Fitness Room, Bicycle & Beach Gear Rentals, Conference Room and Gift Shop. A Treasure of a place, Family Owned and Proudly Operated. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity and Fareportal so you can book your Refuge Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.